Evergreen's OS mods - M4A1,SR25,ChristmasPack&more!

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
193 posts Page 9 of 13 First unread post
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

when will the G36C and G36K release?
Evergreen
Deuced Up

bloodfox wrote:
Still gotta figure out the sight script for the G36K, then have to model the sights for the G36c and then we'll release. Got school and a job, so when break hits I'll probably get it done.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Evergreen wrote:
bloodfox wrote:
Still gotta figure out the sight script for the G36K, then have to model the sights for the G36c and then we'll release. Got school and a job, so when break hits I'll probably get it done.
hey, I could help out with the ironsights for the G36C if you want :)
Evergreen
Deuced Up

bloodfox wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
bloodfox wrote:
hey, I could help out with the ironsights for the G36C if you want :)
I already have them started, but thank you anyway :)
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Very Very Nice.

I never made ones that big cos I couldn't get them to scale properly.

What scripts did you use?

oi bloodfox dont criticise until you have made mods that are the same quality as my or evergreens offferings. :)
It's still Roman_Rus' scale matrix script, but you can change the value of it to change the size. The tricky part (especially with the 36K, where I'm trying to make the scope one solid model) is to get the sight models correctly proportioned. But I think they're scaled relative to the weapon matrix, so no matter how big or small you make the matrix the sights are still scaled proportionally. Still figuring it out :P May need to review Chameleon's script tutorial again haha
My problem is that I use the reflex scope script. I don't know how the half the size of the gun and have the reflex sight (which would be halfed in proportion I believe) Maybe Chameleon or Roman could help.
As for THIS, take the edited portion of Roman's script (were he added the scale matrix) and copy into the correct place in the reflex script. Or the other way around, copy the reflex sight script portions into the half-sized script. My M4A1 has both the half size and the reflex, you can use that for reference if you want.

So what I want is included with the M4A1? Excellent!

Can I use it? (Attribution, as always)
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Very Very Nice.

I never made ones that big cos I couldn't get them to scale properly.

What scripts did you use?

oi bloodfox dont criticise until you have made mods that are the same quality as my or evergreens offferings. :)
It's still Roman_Rus' scale matrix script, but you can change the value of it to change the size. The tricky part (especially with the 36K, where I'm trying to make the scope one solid model) is to get the sight models correctly proportioned. But I think they're scaled relative to the weapon matrix, so no matter how big or small you make the matrix the sights are still scaled proportionally. Still figuring it out :P May need to review Chameleon's script tutorial again haha
My problem is that I use the reflex scope script. I don't know how the half the size of the gun and have the reflex sight (which would be halfed in proportion I believe) Maybe Chameleon or Roman could help.
As for THIS, take the edited portion of Roman's script (were he added the scale matrix) and copy into the correct place in the reflex script. Or the other way around, copy the reflex sight script portions into the half-sized script. My M4A1 has both the half size and the reflex, you can use that for reference if you want.

So what I want is included with the M4A1? Excellent!

Can I use it? (Attribution, as always)
Neither of them are my original scripts, so you don't need to credit me. This is just help with modding :)
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

There's one type of weapon I haven't seen done in OpenSpades yet: Bull-pups (ex. AUG, Famas, TAR, FN2000, etc). They're a nice looking weapon bunch (to me at least), and it's a nice challenge for chameleon if he wants to try out Bull-pup style reload animations.
am i rite? huh? goot idea? I think it's goot.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

FoobyDude wrote:
There's one type of weapon I haven't seen done in OpenSpades yet: Bull-pups (ex. AUG, Famas, TAR, FN2000, etc). They're a nice looking weapon bunch (to me at least), and it's a nice challenge for chameleon if he wants to try out Bull-pup style reload animations.
am i rite? huh? goot idea? I think it's goot.
I tried a P90 a while back and failed. I've actually wanted to attempt a bullpup styled gun.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Bullpup is not much of a challenge really, as its reload animation would be pretty simple; there is only on thing though: how the hell should I make the magazine visible during reload? On vanilla OS gun magazines most of the time are even barely visible...
OK, ok, I will admit that I do know how I should do it... It's just that it doesn't look very pretty, but whatevs, I might just do it

I am thinking of doing some template scripts, so you guys can throw in your own models, but still get nice animations/scaling (like you use "Reflex mod"). Also I might update my tutorial with much more example scripts.
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Chameleon wrote:
Bullpup is not much of a challenge really, as its reload animation would be pretty simple; there is only on thing though: how the hell should I make the magazine visible during reload? On vanilla OS gun magazines most of the time are even barely visible...
You could always do what every game does and have the gun upright as you drop and replace the magazine, that couldn't be too difficult as the AK you made before has some rotational animations.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

I'm not dead. G36K is finished, gotta model the sights and script the C. Will probably upload the K before then because I don't know how like it'll take
Salival
Deuce

Heres my problem.

Urban weapon pack, SMG, i have problems with that. Every time a certain game and select the smg, i crash.
I replaced all of the model files for the smg.
I replaced all of the scripts.
But i think the sight is the problem since i dont know how to replace the sight.

Help sauce?
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Salival wrote:
Heres my problem.

Urban weapon pack, SMG, i have problems with that. Every time a certain game and select the smg, i crash.
I replaced all of the model files for the smg.
I replaced all of the scripts.
But i think the sight is the problem since i dont know how to replace the sight.

Help sauce?
Did you put the GFX folder with the ReflexSight.png in it in the resource folder?
Salival
Deuce

So basically i need to do that?
I thought just the sight in the Gfx folder somewhere in the game resources.
And thanks.
Oh, allso, can i make a request?
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Salival wrote:
So basically i need to do that?
I thought just the sight in the Gfx folder somewhere in the game resources.
And thanks.
Oh, allso, can i make a request?
You can, but I don't guarantee it will happen.
193 posts Page 9 of 13 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”