Evergreen's OS mods - M4A1,SR25,ChristmasPack&more!

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
193 posts Page 8 of 13 First unread post
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Evergreen wrote:
Thanks for the support, Chameleon. You're free to take the model and script it if you credit me, but I'll stick to what I'm good at; modeling. On that note, new model on the way!

H&K G36c
better than warp's.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

bloodfox wrote:
better than warp's.
I don't make mods to be better than anyone's, Warps mods are fantastic and I've always liked using them. I make the mods I want to make in the way I want to make them, and other modders do the same.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Evergreen wrote:
bloodfox wrote:
better than warp's.
I don't make mods to be better than anyone's, Warps mods are fantastic and I've always liked using them. I make the mods I want to make in the way I want to make them, and other modders do the same.
oi, I am giving you a complement. (Yes I love Warp's stuff)
Evergreen
Deuced Up

bloodfox wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
bloodfox wrote:
better than warp's.
oi, I am giving you a complement. (Yes I love Warp's stuff)
Comments and compliments are appreciated, so long as it's not at the expense of other modders.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

The G36C will have iron sights (possible a reflex sight release)
The G36K will have a reflex sight.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

THEY ARE AMAZING. Keep up the good work! Green_Happy1
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Evergreen wrote:
Very Very Nice.

I never made ones that big cos I couldn't get them to scale properly.

What scripts did you use?

oi bloodfox dont criticise until you have made mods that are the same quality as my or evergreens offferings. :)
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
Very Very Nice.

oi bloodfox dont criticise until you have made mods that are the same quality as my or evergreens offferings. :)
okay ;_;
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
Very Very Nice.

It's still Roman_Rus' scale matrix script, but you can change the value of it to change the size. The tricky part (especially with the 36K, where I'm trying to make the scope one solid model) is to get the sight models correctly proportioned. But I think they're scaled relative to the weapon matrix, so no matter how big or small you make the matrix the sights are still scaled proportionally. Still figuring it out :P May need to review Chameleon's script tutorial again haha
bloodfox wrote:
okay ;_;
Cheer up, blood. I know you can make good mods if you try :)
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well you can scale every part together or you can scale each one independently. Depends on where you put the magic word "CreateScaleMatrix" :D

P.S. I like G36.
Last edited by Chameleon on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Chameleon wrote:
Well you can scale every part together or you can scale each one independently. Depends on where you put the magic word "CreateScaleMatrix" :D
Well, the entire weapon matrix has a scale matrix on it. So, what I don't know is if the scale matrix on the sight model itself is absolute, or relative to how the entire matrix is scaled.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Very Very Nice.

It's still Roman_Rus' scale matrix script, but you can change the value of it to change the size. The tricky part (especially with the 36K, where I'm trying to make the scope one solid model) is to get the sight models correctly proportioned. But I think they're scaled relative to the weapon matrix, so no matter how big or small you make the matrix the sights are still scaled proportionally. Still figuring it out :P May need to review Chameleon's script tutorial again haha
My problem is that I use the reflex scope script. I don't know how the half the size of the gun and have the reflex sight (which would be halfed in proportion I believe) Maybe Chameleon or Roman could help.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Relative or absolute also depends on where you put it.
To be specifinc, View.as files use "base" variables for weapon models, like "mat" or "WeapMatrix".
("Base" variable is the one that is used to specify the scale, movement, rotation of many parts)
If we modify those two variables, the setting will also be seen on other models that depend on "mat" or "WeapMatrix", so the setting will be "global".
But if we change "param" variable ("param.matrix" to be specific), the setting will most likely will be "local", as "param.matrix" variable is usually reset for every model.

So for example:
x = 10;
y = x;
y = y * 2; *
z = x;
x = x + 2; *
z = x;
c = x;

* "y * 2" is a "local" change, it only applies to "y" (and any other variable that depends on "y", then it's kinda "global")
* "x + 2" is a "global" change, as any other variable dependent on "x" will be changed too (in this case "z" and "c")

Wait, I might have misread it a bit (it's 23:50 now).
mat = CreateScaleMatrix(0.5f);
mat *= CreateScaleMatrix(0.1f);
Result: Scale == (0.05f)

Lets get deeper into the rabbit hole :D
mat = CreateScaleMatrix(0.5f, 2.f, 3.f);
mat *= CreateScaleMatrix(1.f, 0.1f, 0.25f);
Result: Scale == (0.5f, 0.2f, 0.75f)

And model movement actually can depend on Scale, so relative line placement DOES matter.
Not going to give example for that as I am still doing research in here...
But here are movement examples:
mat = CreateTranslateMatrix (10.f, 4.5f, 3.5f);
mat *= CreateTranslateMatrix (-10.f, 4.5f, 0.f);
Result: Position == (0.f, 9.f, 3.5f)
SO:
Scale = ( CScaleM*CScaleM*... );
Position = ( CTranslM+CTransM+.... ) * Scale;

GIT ON MY LVL Blue_Sunglasses2
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Chameleon wrote:
Relative or absolute also depends on where you put it.
To be specifinc, View.as files use "base" variables for weapon models, like "mat" or "WeapMatrix".
("Base" variable is the one that is used to specify the scale, movement, rotation of many parts)
If we modify those two variables, the setting will also be seen on other models that depend on "mat" or "WeapMatrix", so the setting will be "global".
But if we change "param" variable ("param.matrix" to be specific), the setting will most likely will be "local", as "param.matrix" variable is usually reset for every model.

So for example:
x = 10;
y = x;
y = y * 2; *
z = x;
x = x + 2; *
z = x;
c = x;

* "y * 2" is a "local" change, it only applies to "y" (and any other variable that depends on "y", then it's kinda "global")
* "x + 2" is a "global" change, as any other variable dependent on "x" will be changed too (in this case "z" and "c")

Wait, I might have misread it a bit (it's 23:50 now).
mat = CreateScaleMatrix(0.5f);
mat *= CreateScaleMatrix(0.1f);
Result: Scale == (0.05f)

Lets get deeper into the rabbit hole :D
mat = CreateScaleMatrix(0.5f, 2.f, 3.f);
mat *= CreateScaleMatrix(1.f, 0.1f, 0.25f);
Result: Scale == (0.5f, 0.2f, 0.75f)

And model movement actually can depend on Scale, so relative line placement DOES matter.
Not going to give example for that as I am still doing research in here...
But here are movement examples:
mat = CreateTranslateMatrix (10.f, 4.5f, 3.5f);
mat *= CreateTranslateMatrix (-10.f, 4.5f, 0.f);
Result: Position == (0.f, 9.f, 3.5f)
SO:
Scale = ( CScaleM*CScaleM*... );
Position = ( CTranslM+CTransM+.... ) * Scale;

GIT ON MY LVL Blue_Sunglasses2
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Very Very Nice.

My problem is that I use the reflex scope script. I don't know how the half the size of the gun and have the reflex sight (which would be halfed in proportion I believe) Maybe Chameleon or Roman could help.
As for THIS, take the edited portion of Roman's script (were he added the scale matrix) and copy into the correct place in the reflex script. Or the other way around, copy the reflex sight script portions into the half-sized script. My M4A1 has both the half size and the reflex, you can use that for reference if you want.
193 posts Page 8 of 13 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”