Evergreen's OS mods - M4A1,SR25,ChristmasPack&more!

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
193 posts Page 11 of 13 First unread post
Salival
Deuce

If the shotgun came out, i will cry.
Oh happieness.
Hot Dog
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Is there any chance of ever seeing the Benelli released? It looks great from the side pic you have up. Also, what ever happened to the g36's? Those were looking great as well.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Hot Dog wrote:
Is there any chance of ever seeing the Benelli released? It looks great from the side pic you have up. Also, what ever happened to the g36's? Those were looking great as well.
So, here's where I'm at with modding. The Benelli files were lost somehow, and I attempted to recreate it but needed a break from it to avoid frustration. Hence the G36s. I thought I'd released the 36k, but maybe I didn't. With the G36k the sight was extremely difficult for placement and sizing, and required a LOT of fine tuning to get it near-perfect. Being fairly OCD about it I refused to settle for a long time though it really was an insignificant amount of movement/sizing issues. It was really just a hair too big, so things didn't quite line up, but I had placement issues when changing the size and took a long time finding the near-perfect in-between that didn't exist. Finally I caved, accepting it was a great mod regardless and a purely cosmetic issue that wasn't very noticeable. But at that point, I'd wasted a lot of time and was sick of G36s. I don't know if I ever started the 36c sights at all. So to summarize the Benelli was on the back burner, was not stoked about redoing it, was sick of the G36 project, and was swamped with school stuff. I took a break from modding which in turn created a break from the game and forum entirely. Now I'm back, casually. BUT (there has to be a but) the computer I've been using for modding is near the end of it's life. It runs so slow that I avoid opening it if possible. I'm on a new computer. I'm even on a new OS. So, I have none of my modding files (they're on the other computer still though) and the modding programs I used are all Windows based. I've yet to find the Mac alternative and haven't had a strong desire to put that much effort into it. Will I eventually release the Benelli and G36c? I'm not sure. But I've been playing lately, and can probably release the G36k (I thought I had) if I haven't already.
Hot Dog
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Thanks for replying, nice to know you're not dead. I can dig though, when it comes to be tired with modding.
windows_x_seven
Deuce

So... when is the shotgun coming :D
Evergreen
Deuced Up

windows_x_seven wrote:
Redid the model on a new voxel modeling software. Looked great. Then I messed with the render before saving and before knowing what I was doing. Big mistake. Still have the old model as a template, plan on doing this shotgun. We'll see how it turns out. Can't wait to start modding again, excited with this new program.

Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
Redid the model on a new voxel modeling software. Looked great. Then I messed with the render before saving and before knowing what I was doing. Big mistake. Still have the old model as a template, plan on doing this shotgun. We'll see how it turns out. Can't wait to start modding again, excited with this new program.

What's that? Green_Surprised2
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
Spoiler:
I was just messing with the rendering for the program I'm trying out. Really liking it so far. The only thing is I still need to figure out pivots and scripting/testing.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
Spoiler:
I was just messing with the rendering for the program I'm trying out. Really liking it so far. The only thing is I still need to figure out pivots and scripting/testing.
I mean what program is that? I'm really interested.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
Spoiler:
I mean what program is that? I'm really interested.
It's called MagicaVoxel and I'm kind of blown away by it. The rendering quality is outstanding, and really fast. The editor is really nice too. Not advertising here, I stumbled upon it looking for something to run on Mac and it's really impressed me.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

windows_x_seven wrote:
WIP
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
WIP
Blender does rendering very well, fyi.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
Spoiler:
WIP
From my experience with Blender it's very touchy and resource consuming. I've seen phenomenal results from it, but I've never had luck with it. It doesn't run well on my computer. I just enjoy something that achieves quick results that are nice, and having it integrated in the editor is a huge bonus.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
Spoiler:
WIP
From my experience with Blender it's very touchy and resource consuming. I've seen phenomenal results from it, but I've never had luck with it. It doesn't run well on my computer. I just enjoy something that achieves quick results that are nice, and having it integrated in the editor is a huge bonus.
Fair enough. Personally I find magica far to hard to use- no proper labels for anything, strange controls etc. I couldn't figure out the DoF either :P. Make a very quick tut?
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
Spoiler:
WIP
Fair enough. Personally I find magica far to hard to use- no proper labels for anything, strange controls etc. I couldn't figure out the DoF either :P. Make a very quick tut?
It's probably personal preference for controls. There's keyboard shortcuts for the tools (r for remove voxels, t for placing, g for painting) that you can find in a menu on the left. Left click is whatever tool you select, WASDQE, right click, and space all control camera movements. Click and drag is great for placing/removing/painting large large amounts of voxels. As for DOF the slider adjusts the strength, but it does nothing until you click+z the block you want the camera to focus on. Watch the bottom of the window for tips and keys as you hover over options.
193 posts Page 11 of 13 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”