Mosin Nagant (OpenSpades Only)

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
39 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
MaxShadow
Deuce

Hi people, this is the first skin I make for OpenSpades, just to experiment a bit with the new scripting system. I tried to make a detailed scope, although scopes aren't very practical. There's another version with iron sights, both of them are in the same file.

Update:
* Improved stock, now it looks more like the real one.
* A little more detail in the third person scope.

* New version with Iron Sights added.

Here are some screenshots:

Iron sights:

This is how it looks in real life:

Old Pics:
Spoiler:

Notes:
* Everything is in 3D, I didn't use any sprite.
* The scope is a bit far from the camera, and obstructs most of the player vision. Is not very practical, but looks cool :B
* Proportions are a mess, I know it. The scope is shorter and wider than the original one.
* The muzzle flash is in the middle of the gun. I don't know how to change that, I think is hardcoded, or perhaps I need to change a vector that's not present in the original Script. Not a big deal anyway.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/f1lvb ... Nagant.rar

Instructions:
1) Make a backup of "pak010-BaseSkin.pak"
2) Decompress "Mosin Nagant.rar" somewhere.
3) Move "Scripts" and "Models" inside "pak010-BaseSkin.pak", replacing the original ones.

Hope you like it :)
Last edited by MaxShadow on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:45 am, edited 7 times in total.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

ohgodboner
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

oh my fucking
i might just have to use opengays
yuiop
Veterans
Veterans

Dang man! That is one hot rifle :]
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

that looks awesome, great work. it's nice to see some mods that take advantage of the smaller voxel size and do a good job with it
MaxShadow
Deuce

Thank you guys :) Now that I look at the screenshots, I think the weapon seems a bit small in game... I could resize it, but then I would need to move everything, and trying to align the scope with the cross and the rifle is a pain x_x
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Nice, very nice.

May I use your scope (if I ask nicely) for a mod of mine?
MaxShadow
Deuce

Yeah sure, just put me in the credits :)
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Brilliant, especially for a first-time modder.

However, you could add the cheek rise on the stock of the gun. You should remove spoilers as well.
MaxShadow
Deuce

Hmm I'm not sure what you mean, but yeah, right now the stock looks weird. I'll try to make it a bit more like the real one.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

MaxShadow wrote:
Hmm I'm not sure what you mean, but yeah, right now the stock looks weird. I'll try to make it a bit more like the real one.
Add some blocks to the middle area of the stock (look at your reference pic for an idea), and remove the spoiler tags on your post ("[s.poiler]" and "[/s.poiler]", ignore the quotation marks and dots). Understand now?
MaxShadow
Deuce

Yes, I got it. Sorry, my English is a bit limited. The skin and screenshots have been updated.
yuiop
Veterans
Veterans

I like what you improved now! can you make it so that there are two options to choose for no scope and scope? Green_Happy1
MaxShadow
Deuce

Yeah I'll try to make an iron sight version, will take me some time to align the sights, but I think it'll be ready for tomorrow.
Hot Dog
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Beautiful work mate. Yours is up there in terms of quality OS skins
MaxShadow wrote:
Yeah I'll try to make an iron sight version, will take me some time to align the sights, but I think it'll be ready for tomorrow.
Fuck yeah, I love iron sights. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Are you going to try to keep them true to the the actual rifle?
39 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”