Mosin Nagant (OpenSpades Only)

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
39 posts Page 3 of 3 First unread post
DimitriKlovichi
Deuce

Hot Dog wrote:
Mr. Hoyal wrote:
This is not your work. You are stealing the model from the original creator. The original Mosin Nagant can be found here:

http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=11774

This person is a fraud!

If you check the time stamps you will find that interestingly, Dimi is the fraud. All Dimi did was change the colour and edit a few voxels.
I can confirm neither of us are frauds. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but I can assure you, I did not steal your work, and you did not steal mine. The Mosin Nagant has a very distinct look to it, and it is a strange coincidence that ours look near identical. I made mine completely from scratch. Again sorry about the misunderstanding and I hope you understand that just like you, I am no fraud.
Hot Dog
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Considering that MaxShadow doesn't say anything about copying his mods, I would just assume he doesn't care.
Flynn brah
Deuce

Hey I used this and it is awesome thanks :) and due make a Lee-Enfield :)
MaxShadow
Deuce

Amm, sorry guys, I stopped playing OpenSpades some time ago (can't keep playing the same game for a long time), so I didn't checked the forums. I see someone accused me of stealing Dimitri's work, and I have to admit that both weapons looks quite similar. But no, I've made the weapon from scratch, and if you see the main post, there's an spoiler with pics of the first version, which had a really different (and horrible) stock. I fixed that later. I don't think he is a fraud either, this is probably just a coincidence because we made a model of the same weapon. And if someone wants to use my work to make another weapon, it's ok for me, as long as they give me credit.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Ironsights look really nice when aiming and the scope is pretty nice from outside...
At some distant point in the future I might make animation for this weapon.

You know, I used to think that detailed scopes do not fit the game. I was quite wrong. Not 10/10, but wow!
MaxShadow
Deuce

Yeah, the scope looks nice but it's very unpractical. It blocks most of the view, it's quite hard to aim with it. I was experimenting with the scripts a few days ago, moving the weapon near the camera when you aim and resizing the scope, but it's still very annoying. There must be a way to make scopes more practical.

New animations would be cool since this weapon has no magazine, and it's reloaded from the top. I've read your tutorial, but I don't have enough patience to animate it myself :P I want to make another weapon, maybe a Thompson or a Kar98. I really love those old WWII weapons, they were much more beautiful than modern weapons with "tactical" designs IMO.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

You've tried moving the weapon. What about scaling it?
Also remove as many voxels from inside as you can. See if the farther end of the scope is limiting the view - then extend the scope if it is (make it wider where it limits).
Or you can try
1.simplifying your scope,
2.then duplicating it,
3.writing it into code (so it is rendered as well),
4.rotating it 45 degrees (use "tan(1)")
5.and scaling it up by "sqrt(2)".
That's how I made FN FAL and AK sights. Also remember to scale only two of the axis! I just saved 2-5 hours of your time.
InfraRedAnus
Deuced Up

Someone probably beat me to it, but the way that scope is set up isn't correct. They used PU scopes back then. The bolt is supposed to be bent, however they bent them straight down, and didn't have it swayed back like in that picture you have.

Otherwise damn fine job!
GoofKnocker
Deuce

Very fine piece of work, only needs a good old Mosin Nagant fire sound file in there and it will be perfect !
39 posts Page 3 of 3 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”