\*FROGGEATER'S ANIMATED HD WEAPONRY*/ (New: LINKS ARE FIXED)

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
165 posts Page 7 of 11 First unread post

Because war never changes, but changes anyway, you still need weapons. New ones. Which one next?

32%
TDI Vector .45 Enhanced
6%
B&T APC-9
25%
H&K MP5A4
9%
Bofors CBJ-MS
21%
Magpul PDR
7%
Another one (precise in answers)

Total votes: 87

Omicronkill
Deuced Up

Ok guys, finished the view model for the FAMAS. Tell me what you think about it.

PS: On the left you can see the WIP world model.
Attachments
screen4.png
screen4.png (86.97 KiB) Viewed 8354 times
yuiop
Veterans
Veterans

Oooohhhh, please I need that gun right now. Well done! :)
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

Thx man, it's in theory coming tomorrow, be patient. The shotgun will maybe not be released at the same time, but anyway.
Here's my program, for those coming here after what I've already said:
- FAMAS and TOZ release
- FR F2 release
- Maybe Tar-21 release (before or after what's coming next)
- OpenSpades megabig modding tutorial of absolute annihilation (maybe I'm a bit excessive here). It will cover resources finding, scale adjustement, v.model and w.model making with half size script as a base, sights making and basic scripting tutorial (hands placement, sights placement, gun/mag/sights size).
- A f*cking lever rifle, because of reasons.

I'm still needing ideas on what I could make for the tutorial, I think I have an idea, but it'll be a surprise. The weapon needs to be something like a Uzi style machine-pistol (to demonstrate hand placement) or a semi auto rifle (to demonstrate sight placement, the scope being a bit high).

Note: I'll also do a part for shotguns in the tutorial, and a little note on sounds.

EDIT: Hey, maybe one weapon of each type for the tutorial? This way I could make iron sights for the shotgun, reflex sights for the SMG and scope for the rifle? Still represent a lot of work, but it'd be awesome!
Thoremaster
Deuce

Super mod :p impatient d'avoir la suite :p continue comme ça ;)
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

Heureux de voir des français ici/Happy to see some french guys here!

Je ferai une trad' pour le tuto si j'ai le temps/I'll do a french translation for the tutorial if I have enough time.

And sorry to everyone for speaking french a bit, I know that it's an english forum but I'm too happy too see some new people, even if they're french!
yuiop
Veterans
Veterans

Omicronkill wrote:
Thx man, it's in theory coming tomorrow, be patient. The shotgun will maybe not be released at the same time, but anyway.
Here's my program, for those coming here after what I've already said:
- FAMAS and TOZ release
- FR F2 release
- Maybe Tar-21 release (before or after what's coming next)
- OpenSpades megabig modding tutorial of absolute annihilation (maybe I'm a bit excessive here). It will cover resources finding, scale adjustement, v.model and w.model making with half size script as a base, sights making and basic scripting tutorial (hands placement, sights placement, gun/mag/sights size).
- A f*cking lever rifle, because of reasons.

I'm still needing ideas on what I could make for the tutorial, I think I have an idea, but it'll be a surprise. The weapon needs to be something like a Uzi style machine-pistol (to demonstrate hand placement) or a semi auto rifle (to demonstrate sight placement, the scope being a bit high).

Note: I'll also do a part for shotguns in the tutorial, and a little note on sounds.

EDIT: Hey, maybe one weapon of each type for the tutorial? This way I could make iron sights for the shotgun, reflex sights for the SMG and scope for the rifle? Still represent a lot of work, but it'd be awesome!
sounds great! I'll keep on checking your topic :)
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

Just finished the iron sights and magazine placement. Now I'm trying hard to make a good animation.

EDIT: Shooting animation done. Also, a fix for the AWP scope is coming. Sorry for slowing down, but it's just the end of the hollidays here Blue_NotHappy .
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

Okay guys, lot-o-things to say now!

I'm close to upload the FA-MAS and the TOZ-194. The FR-F2 will take a longer time, for good reasons. I explain myself: I learned scripting a bit more, you can expect the FR-F2 to have better animations, but not only! I'm thinking - and working - on a new customization system, based on scripting. From the FR-F2, my weapons will have interchangeables parts like sights, flash hiders, suppressors, stocks, grips, etc. I'll also rework on my already released weapons to maybe include these better animations, and rework the sounds and the weapons pos a bit.

Also, big scoop! Since I love modding and OpenSpades, I created a multi-games modding trello board. You'll see my to-do list, what i am working on and what I've already done, with the possibility to comment, and maybe suggest some mods! Link: https://trello.com/b/NnhtIBP3/modding-board
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

So, global annoucement today!

I'm getting bored of OS modding, even with the recent activity. I'll do an effort to post the tutorial, and the FAMAS with the TOZ, but don't expect more. I'll maybe come back here in some months. Maybe.

I plan on moving on bigger things, maybe messin' around with Unity 3D. I've always imagined something made with my own hands, from the beginning to the end. Anyway, it's just my online dream session x)
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Before you go, can you give a try at compiling OpenSpades? There would be no need to go to Unity if we could do some crazy stuff in OS. For example, I really hope that I would be able to do this some day...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Other random features (that came to my head): TrueCombat:Elite has perfect sniper scopes. Unturned has pretty fast weapon attachment system. Urban Terror has very fast and versatile loadout system (and its gui and engine are opensource), also very good bleeding/bandaging system. Infiltration 2.9 CE has good weaponry. VXW has awesome blurring effects. Voxelstein has awesome map and model destruction (and I have its source).
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

These are some nice ideas! I'll give it a try when I'll have the time!

Anyway, it'll be nice to work in cooperation on it! Even if I can't do advanced coding for the moment, it'll take me a few weeks to understand it and to learn a bit. Maybe we could continue discussing about it with PM or Skype? I'm totally okay for the scopes tho, I played some games with this kind of scope system and it's just fantastic (GMod with an add-on, Insurgency, RO2/RS, KF), even if it's a bit hard to optimize as far as I know.

PS: Also, I can't see your image :/
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I've used the AWP a few times and oh boy, That scope looks so nice but is really hard to use! It's so narrow but that can't be helped, if the scope worked like how insurgency does it (the image through the scope is zoomed but all else is normal, a simulated lens if you will [Edit: Or basicly what Chameleon said]), it would probably help aiming a bit, but doing something like that would be next to impossible in OpenSpades, so I guess I'ma have to keep to quick scoping when using your AWP.
I really like your mods, keep up the good work and hope you finish that FAMAS you're working on. (I've been waiting for an OS Bullpup weapon!)
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

Thx, I really appreciate the feedback!

Actually, I changed (but didn't uploaded) the scope of the AWP, you'll get it with the FAMAS release. I made it a bit larger without compromising proportions, with the help of Thoremaster.

The FAMAS, because of it's design, looks very massive and obstructs the view a lot IG, but I can't do much about it. There isn't any clipping tho, all I need is to make the sounds now. It'll come with basic animations (bolt, reload (very basic for this one), sights).
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

TOZ is also on the way!

After the FAMAS/TOZ/AWP v2 release I'll redact the tutorial (it'll come in PDF format). And after... I'll help Chameleon in his project as much as I can, I'll also try mapping (could be useful for the said project).

And! Because I've something to add! I won't stop modding and I have some ideas to make a "Mk 2" version of my mods (not the actual ones, but new ones), so stay tuned!

Frogg
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

I got a surprise for you guys! Remember when I spoke about a "2nd generation" of my mods?
I worked for a total of 6 hours on this thing in VoxelShop. Let me introduce you... The H&K 416 A5 14.5"!

It's actually too big for the game which crashes, but I know how to work with it.

See ya!

PS: This could be released but nothing is confirmed. It will come after my guide if I release it, tho.
165 posts Page 7 of 11 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”