[REQUEST] Multiple Scripts

4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Ghost465
Deuce

Hello, BnS.
So yesterday I had some great script ideas while playing. They're not actually GameModes or something.
I really forgot everything I used to know about scripting, so I'm not sure of any of my suggestions is actually possible, but anyways I know there are some awesome-pro scripters on BnS, so here goes my 3 suggestions:

First of all, a script that would automatically ban people who evades their bans. It's kind of like RangeBan but it does it automatically.

Secondly, a script that would Auto Team Balance. For example, when a player die, it would transfer him to the opposite team if balancing is needed, I don't think this is possible but it's worth a try :)

Finally, just a cool idea for Build Servers. Instead of banning griefers, it would, with a command, teleport a player into something like a cage or a cell everytime they connect. And would disable some commands for him like /gt and would disable building for him. The cage/cell can be either created by the script itself, or just a specified coordinate (F1 for example) that admins would have to create by themselves.

And that's all. I just wanted to share my ideas with everyone and wanted to know if they are possible. And if they are, I'd love to see them and use them for my friend's server.
As I said, probably most of them are impossible.

Have a good day everyone, I'm waiting for replies! :)
TheKing
League Champs
League Champs

The first script about a "RangeBan" it is very difficult, since it bans are performed by ip and anyone who has a dynamic ip can escape his ban, or use a proxy. team balance if I remember well is enabled in config.txt and already exists, there is no need to create a new script, your last suggestion, I imagine this would work as jail.py but with some more settings. As you have said here have true "professionals" in scripting and much of scripts what you imagine, someone already did.
Dr.Morphman
Scripter
Scripter

for the rangebans, i suggest a combination of IP- AND namebans
(e.g, when somebodys name is registered in the banlist, it will check whether the first digits of his IP equal anyones ban with the same name in the list, if not: a message will be sent to the admins)
Ghost465
Deuce

Oh really, TheKing? I haven't noticed but I'll check :)
And yea jail.py would be epic.

Dr.Morphman exactly! That's how it works in CS (Counter-Strike), it sends a message to admins saying that someone might be evading.
4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ideas / Requests”