[REQUEST] The Hidden

7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
ecx
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

The Hidden is a cool Half Life 2 / Team Fortress 2 mod that I think would be interesting to see in AoS.
Video examples:
TF2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BgdtfWMeTQ
Original HL2 mod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKNL69Ma1-U

In a nutshell, this gamemode pits one invisible player (the Hidden) with only a knife (in AoS, a spade) as well as grenades for flushing out camping players. This invisible player can dash in short bursts and is more maneuverable than the other players. The objective for the Hidden is to kill all other players, while the other players work together to try and find and kill the Hidden.

As for how this could fit in AoS, I believe there is already an invisible command for pyspades/pysnip. Given the high damage of AoS weapons, the Hidden could also have a health increase. As for dashing, this could probably be implemented with a script, or simply increase the Hidden's speed and jump height. To emphasize stealth, the Hidden could become visible every time he or she swings the spade. Also, footsteps are very loud in AoS, so something must be put in place to muffle or silence those of the Hidden for stealth. Maps should be close to medium quarters combat maps with buildings and places to hide.

This would probably be a pretty complicated script to write, but if anyone is interested give it a go. Also, if anyone has suggestions or balancing ideas, leave a comment :)
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

is actually possible
TimeToDie
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Sounds cool
extra
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Looks cool.
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Interesting. Something very similar is already on 24/7 Polski serwer AOS, except it is used in normal ctf mode. The player there can use the spade only and is invisible until he starts swinging the spade.
ecx
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Dare[AoS] wrote:
Interesting. Something very similar is already on 24/7 Polski serwer AOS, except it is used in normal ctf mode. The player there can use the spade only and is invisible until he starts swinging the spade.
Wow, I've never heard of this given I only play on US servers. I'll make sure to check it out though :)
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

ecx wrote:
Dare[AoS] wrote:
Wow, I've never heard of this given I only play on US servers. I'll make sure to check it out though :)
So Sorry, I've posted a bad server. Its on 24/7 Polski serwer AOS 2 (Klasy) - The term Klasy means that you can play different kind of gamemodes - such as this improvized "hidden" or a teleporting sniper and some more modes.
To activate it, you need to write /mode in chat, then you choose the favourite mode.
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ideas / Requests”