Block Punch!!

13 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

What if there was a script that allowed a player to hit other players while holding the block. It would be low damage like 5 hp or something.

Is it possible?
Vengeance
Deuced Up

I don't exaclty know if it is possible, but it is a pretty cool idea. Then you could defend yourself while holding a block. Maybe it can work, but does it?
learn_more
Coder
Coder

how do you want to differentiate between placing a block and hitting a player?
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

not really possible, because you can only place the block... (maybe i am wrong)
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

This challenge requires two things to be resolved first:
  1. Detecting a mouse click.
  2. Detecting which player (if there is one at all) is in front of the player who clicked.
Number 2 should definitely be doable, but I don't know about how we should go about managing to do number 1.
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

VladVP wrote:
This challenge requires two things to be resolved first:
  1. Detecting a mouse click.
  2. Detecting which player (if there is one at all) is in front of the player who clicked.
Number 2 should definitely be doable, but I don't know about how we should go about managing to do number 1.
Well, How can we differentiate between a block place and block punch (If you you say if the block is attempted to be placed in the air it means its a punch it wrong and what will happen if the player is looking down?)
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

How would you punch someone? What if you just like run into them and it hits them?
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

jdrew wrote:
How would you punch someone? What if you just like run into them and it hits them?
Vlad said about clicking while looking at other player
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

And that is possible?
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

jdrew wrote:
And that is possible?
It should be, as the client probably sends a lot of weird and useless things to the server. Unfortunately, I've never seen anything in the pyspades API which could help detect a mouse click. (Apart from on_hit() and on_block_destroy(), but that's not really useful in this conjunction, is it?)
Dr.Morphman
Scripter
Scripter

yeah it is all about finding a suitable hook, once you find one it is going to be easy

here is a suggestion from my side using on_orientation_update() as hook:
Code: Select all
from commands import name, add, admin, alias 
from pyspades.constants import BLOCK_TOOL
from pyspades.server import *        
from pyspades.collision import vector_collision, distance_3d_vector

def apply_script(protocol, connection, config): 

class blockpunchconnection(connection):

def on_orientation_update(self, x, y, z):

if self.tool == BLOCK_TOOL:

for babydonthurtme in self.protocol.players.values():

if distance_3d_vector(self.world_object.position, babydonthurtme.world_object.position) <= 3:

if self.world_object.validate_hit(babydonthurtme.world_object, MELEE, 2) and self != babydonthurtme:

babydonthurtme.hit(5, self, MELEE_KILL)

return protocol, blockpunchconnection
im not realy in the mood today to create a whole script but this draft here was already working when i tested it, just replace the hook with whatever one you want and its basicaly done, (on_shoot_set() does not work with blocks for some reason therefore i assume you canot attack people by simply clicking the mouse while holding a block [except you actualy place the block somewhere, but look at block_kill.py for that])
hooks that may be suitable in my opinion as well: on_walk_update, on_animation_update, on_tool_changed
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

That could work, But how about we use on_block_build_attempt() and the users must have block punch on using a command after that when they try to place a block on someone they get hit but we return False so the block doesn't get place?

on_block_build_attempt(self, x, y, z):
Dr.Morphman
Scripter
Scripter

as vlad said before you canot find anything detecting clicks (except on_shoot_set which does not work with blocks) so on_block_build_attempt would require you to actualy place a block on the ground but i have written something like that before
the code i posted should be sufficient all you need to do now is find a suitable hook and adjust it
13 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ideas / Requests”