[idea] changing the default blockcolor noise

5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

Just a small request in case some scripters have too much spare time. Would it be possible to modify the color noise that is being produced when placing blocks ingame? It seems to me that it is just random RGB noise and I've always found it to look rather ugly, especially when you use darker colors. A stronger, less random (more black/white based) noise would look much more appealing, especially when people are building towers or defensive structures in single colors like grey. Now that I think about it, it should actually look very similar to the block colors in the push gamemode, although maybe a bit less extreme in its color variation.

the noise as it is right now

How it could be (zoom in on the right side)
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

I have no idea if it's possible and couldn't do it myself, but I definitely agree.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Nah, it's not possible unless you really mess with the game's internals: Voxlap, to be precise.
That's what I think at least.
LeCom

Voxlap works like this: when the client calls the Voxlap block building code, Voxlap will automatically fuck the colour up unless you set it up to not do so. However, the colour will be normal if you rejoin.
IAmYourFriend
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I noticed that building with OpenSpades seems to be completely noise-free. So as said before the noise is possibly made by the (voxlap) client. I can imagine though that it could be "overwritten" serverside with a script.
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ideas / Requests”