[IDEA] Weather

10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
[AAT]JTS320
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I don't know if it's even possible,but if you can make it happen,that would be awesome. Green_Happy1 (Rain,Snow,or even sandstorms)
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

There was a snow/winter script on the Minit US Testdrive server when it used to be up.

Other than that I don't know if it's possible to make snow, sand or rain particles to fly around in Ace of Spades voxlap. It probably is possible on OpenSpades though.
Last edited by Ballistic on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

completely possible in openspades
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Not exactly what you're asking, but there is a day cycle script that gradually changes between night and day: https://bitbucket.org/NateShoffner/pysn ... at=default

Works beautifully.
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

izzy wrote:
Not exactly what you're asking, but there is a day cycle script that gradually changes between night and day: https://bitbucket.org/NateShoffner/pysn ... at=default

Works beautifully.
Wow, nice.
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

izzy wrote:

Works beautifully.
The idea is about changing the weather, like toggling rain, snow, thunderstorm etc. I think this would make the game really attractive to play. Fighting in harsh conditions sounds adventurous.
a girl
Scripter
Scripter

Once upon a time I thought a simple thunderstorm script that caused the fog color to assume various shades of grey and black with random flashes of lightning would make for a fun script... I never got around to writing it though. As for a snow script existing on TestDrive, there was no snow script, it was all built in to the map, but I had plans to make a snow script that I never put into effect. Basically white blocks would randomly be placed on the map as the snow accumulates... the downside is that it would be utterly annoying with the block build noises embedded in the client. Maybe someday when openspades is mature, we can make a decent one. I heard rumors that somebody, maybe hompy made a script that causes white 'snow' blocks to be destroyed if enough people walk over them. I believe Danhezee gave me the idea to create fake snow particles by generating white blocks at the top of the map, then having the server destroy them, but that would have the noise spam problem as well.

So it comes down to exactly what are you looking for? Fancy light shows in the fog effects? Or cool tricks to do with blocks?
[AAT]JTS320
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Yeah,OpenSpades has a good chance of it happening. Maybe not really a script , but an addition to OpenSpades? Hmm.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

When OpenSpades-exclusive servers get released, it would probably be possible for someone to create a weather script with proper weather effects.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

weathering could be clientside as well so weathering would work in the voxlap client too
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ideas / Requests”