[script] Piercing_Rounds (rifle only)

Intended for use on live public servers.
3 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Dr.Morphman
Scripter
Scripter

Ladies and Gentlemen (and aimboting scum),
it is time to upgrade not only our weapons, but our ammunition as well
therefore i have created piercing rounds which have the ability to penetrate walls
(alright to be honest i have recently started to hate wallpoppers and thought there should be something to counter that,thus this script has emerged from my hands)
to sum this script up roughly:
in exchange for half your ammo you gain the ability to shoot through walls - simple as that

i can imagine this would be a cool addition to a server since it gives you the opportunity to counter defensive players
especialy on flat maps where everyone is building a lot of walls
(and yeah hackers will find this script probably cool as well i suppose)

and to make it adjustable as much as possible i included a lot of commands:
/piercingrounds (/pr) ---> toggles your piercing ability off and on, halving or doubeling your reserve ammo - the only public command so far [default: off]
/togglepierce (/tpc) ---> toggles everyones piercing ability off and on [default: on]
/piercedistance <value> (/pd) ---> the maximum distance at which bullets will pierce through walls, if the enemy is farther away than <value> blocks, then the bullet will not hit him [default: 126]
/piercevalid <value> (/pv) ---> the maximum distance between the hit block/wall and the enemy, if the enemy is farther than <value> blocks away from the wall, the bullet will not hurt him [default: 3]
/piercedamagemultiplier <value> (/pdm) ---> sets the damage multiplier of sucessfull hits with the enemy behind a wall
/piercetolerance <value> (/pt) ---> sets the tolerance at which something is considered to be a real hit [default: 0.3]

due to me being unable to detect actual shots this script works only if you are using a rifle
AND it wont show any effects when you keep the mouse button pressed
piercing rounds will only work if you hold a rifle
and release the mouse button after every shot

if anyone has an idea how to solve that, i would be grateful to know how

i tested this script thoroughly so there wont be any bugs hopefully, but the way i know myself , i probably missed something so please reply if you find anything disturbing
Attachments
piercingrounds.py
hmm i hope i will be able to create bullets which bounce off from walls
(7.53 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Semper
Deuced Up

This is good, but making it so we could get collateral kills(getting 2 kills at once if someone is someone is behind the person) would be more great. :D
learn_more
Coder
Coder

this reminds me of the time hits were not checked out serverside at all,
fun times with a hack.
3 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Completed Releases”