[Script] organiser.py

Intended for use on live public servers.
44 posts Page 2 of 3
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter
Posts: 758
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:05 am


EldredChandler wrote:
VladVP script allows you to add names and associate them to a team, so on spawn only that player can join the team (So even if they are in spectator they still can join the team they are assigned to)
Right, but thats only assuming they always keep the exact same name.
While me script is command based(you just need to add it to scripts and config file) and if a admin type /sl the green and blue teams get locked and everyone goes to the spectator team, and there is the multiswitch command /ms which can be used like /ms green kuma vlad polm eldred gen lostmotel lelue and all these will go to the green team.
So, your solution is to lock both teams, then type the names of 32 people to get them on the correct team?
My script isn't supposed to used like that, My script was made for 1 vs 1(not for entire 16 vs 16), How can you prove if someone has misspelled their own name themselves? And they should be responsible to have the same name. Tell me whats your method?
and you don't have to entire the exact name in my script just initials
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm


Please actually read my post, my comment towards your script never mentioned how names needed to be spelled.
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter
Posts: 758
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:05 am


EldredChandler wrote:
Please actually read my post, my comment towards your script never mentioned how names needed to be spelled.
That was additional info, whats your method I am asking?
EDIT:
Image there is a 10 vs 10 match going on, and there are 12 spectators. One of the 10 players of a team disconnects. When he joins back due the both teams being locked he wouldn't be able to play. And because the default pysnip switch command can't be used on spectating players, the admin must unlock the team and because of that other spectators may join the team. In these situations my script will be helpful as it can switch other people to any team and can be used on players on any team. From post 1 you are posting crap reasons why these scripts are not good. Now just shut up. And if vlad's script is there then no problem.

EDIT 2:
And if they even entered a wrong name in there config file, can't the person IDK, DISCONNECT and change his name and come back?
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 pm


EldredChandler wrote:
What if someone joins with a mispelled name? eg. on script its Eldred but in game is Eldrde?
That would be your problem. You do usually check the name you've assigned to yourself right before a match after all, don't you? Either way I bet that the event/match organisers would politely ask you to go back and correct it if there are any errors. Whether there is a script like this or not.
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm


VladVP wrote:
That would be your problem. You do usually check the name you've assigned to yourself right before a match after all, don't you? Either way I bet that the event/match organisers would politely ask you to go back and correct it if there are any errors. Whether there is a script like this or not.
No I don't, because it doesn't matter what name I use in a game. I can be {RoT}Eldred or {RoT}Chandler, or anything really as long as it's obvious that it's me.
So instead of joining a match with what ever name I want to use, I have to quit and change my name holding up the match? What a joy for everyone.
Spoiler:
Code: Select all
[04:21] <@StackOverflow> it won't be used
[04:21] <@StackOverflow> it's stupid
[04:21] <@StackOverflow> it's based on player name
[04:22] <+EldredChandler> even besides that
[04:22] <+EldredChandler> like
[04:22] <+EldredChandler> seems like a ton of effort
[04:22] <+EldredChandler> changing it for every match
[04:22] <@StackOverflow> it'd be entirely manual
[04:22] <@StackOverflow> yeah
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 pm


Hmm... you just gave me an idea! What about being able to assign specific clan tags to teams instead? Would be much more useful.

I will do it at instant!
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm


Glad I can help you write your first piece of useful code.
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 pm


EldredChandler wrote:
Glad I can help you write your first piece of useful code.
>implies he is able to code
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm


I guess reading is hard for people in third world nations. No where did I imply I could. I implied you can't, which is accurate.
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 pm


EldredChandler wrote:
I guess reading is hard for people in third world nations. No where did I imply I could. I implied you can't, which is accurate.
So you're implying something you apparently don't know the slightest about?

Well.
Nice ASM skills.
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm


VladVP wrote:
So you're implying something you apparently don't know the slightest about?
Your github and your inability to solve basic problems given from Stack speaks for itself.
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 pm


EldredChandler wrote:
VladVP wrote:
So you're implying something you apparently don't know the slightest about?
Your github and your inability to solve basic problems given from Stack speaks for itself.
> implies he knows how to use git
> implies he is capable of solving basic datalogical problems
> still has no idea what he's talking about
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter
Posts: 758
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:05 am


eldred dont be a dumbass bitch
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter
Posts: 758
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:05 am


VladVP wrote:
Hmm... you just gave me an idea! What about being able to assign specific clan tags to teams instead? Would be much more useful.

I will do it at instant!
Fakers... I hate them
Maybe a login system will be good
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 pm


Kuma wrote:
eldred dont be a dumbass bitch
No offence, but what you just said sounds even dumber.
44 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Completed Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest