[script] FoglineHitDetector

Intended for use on live public servers.
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Dr.Morphman
Scripter
Scripter
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:55 am


some people suggested me to release some of my scripts so there you go:

if the name is not enough of a hint to know what it does here a short description:

the script alerts every admin (and shows a cute alert the irc) when a player hits somebody over a large distance
i remember something very similiar to this script existed before but i couldnt find anything like that in the internet,
hence i wrote one myself
i realized that some hackers are able to shoot players at a ridiculous large distance, so these alerts are meant to catch them more easily
the default distance at which alerts will be shown is set to 127 blocks

keep in mind that only the horizontal distance between both players is being measured here


however, admins can change the value via the command /fogline <distance>
Attachments
foglinehitdetector.py
heeere it is
(2.64 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Last edited by Dr.Morphman on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
learn_more
Coder
Coder
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm


brb, setting max target distance to 124




bad 'hacker detection' is bad tbfh..
Dr.Morphman
Scripter
Scripter
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:55 am


learn_more wrote:
brb, setting max target distance to 124
assuming the distance for alerts has not been lowered would be foolish, i recommend setting it to about 120 btw
learn_more
Coder
Coder
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm


Dr.Morphman wrote:
learn_more wrote:
brb, setting max target distance to 124
assuming the distance for alerts has not been lowered would be foolish, i recommend setting it to about 120 btw
why not straight out ban everyone that shoots better than you?
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 4:28 pm


Seriously, why do you say such things ?? You are pissing me off learn_more. Tell us your critic but dont insult other people personally. It's not our fault that you aren't happy with your life. People like you are able to destroy every community.
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 pm


tungdil wrote:
Seriously, why do you say such things ?? You are pissing me off learn_more. Tell us your critic but dont insult other people personally. It's not our fault that you aren't happy with your life. People like you are able to destroy every community.
*Realises that he is actually trolling* in 3... 2.. 1...
Dr.Morphman
Scripter
Scripter
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:55 am


nah i think he does not understand its use because it will show a lot of alerts that have no actual meaning
i only realized that admins can detect potential hackers faster with this script
because seriously, i want to see the guy who can deliver even 5 consecutive hits over a distance of 120 blocks without any problems
learn_more
Coder
Coder
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm


Dr.Morphman wrote:
nah i think he does not understand its use because it will show a lot of alerts that have no actual meaning
i only realized that admins can detect potential hackers faster with this script
because seriously, i want to see the guy who can deliver even 5 consecutive hits over a distance of 120 blocks without any problems
i weep for the guy who cannot do that tbfh.
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 pm


learn_more wrote:
Dr.Morphman wrote:
nah i think he does not understand its use because it will show a lot of alerts that have no actual meaning
i only realized that admins can detect potential hackers faster with this script
because seriously, i want to see the guy who can deliver even 5 consecutive hits over a distance of 120 blocks without any problems
i weep for the guy who cannot do that tbfh.
Maybe he meant one-shot kills
Dr.Morphman
Scripter
Scripter
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:55 am


anyways, admins can use this script to prove norecoil hacks while being only in the IRC as well when they combine it with /rapid and /togglekill
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 4:28 pm


Why blaming a person for creating something ?
Dr.Morphman
Scripter
Scripter
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:55 am


alright fixed 2 things:

1: airstrikes/dangerzones etc wont throw a lot of false positives anymore


and more importantly:

2: it measures only the horizontal distance between the players, meaning height won't have any influence on the results
thanks to Spring for pointing that out

i should have tested it a bit more, but nah i daubt there was room for any mistakes, if am wrong, please tell me


just redownload the script in the thread
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:09 pm


good work, I will update the script on the homo servers.
Bux Xray
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:07 am


OMG ...give him a badge already
MKU
Artist
Artist
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:20 am


learn_more wrote:
Dr.Morphman wrote:
learn_more wrote:
brb, setting max target distance to 124
assuming the distance for alerts has not been lowered would be foolish, i recommend setting it to about 120 btw
why not straight out ban everyone that shoots better than you?
Because in Morph's case, everyone would be banned.
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Completed Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest