[Game Mode] Moba 1.0

Intended for use on live public servers.
50 posts Page 2 of 4 First unread post
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Invisibility, fly, and speed need to be buffed up a little bit more. Invisibility and fly should both be ten secends and speed jut needs to be faster. Also, the moba gamemode script does not seem to work at all, that could just be me though but you should check on it anyways. Overall the powers script is great but the gamemode script is a bit weird I guess. In the text files for the map you have it set to where you can set the master control points but not the rest correct? I am thinking of making another moba map but it would be in a different style so the coordinates would not be the same as the first map, wouldn't that feature break the map? If so then you should change it to where all coordinates are set via map extensions.
thepolm3
Scripter
Scripter

I have no problems with the gamemode script, speed doesn't work at all yet, i mentioned that, and fly and invisibility are 10 seconds at the highest level (5)
In the config you set the midpoint of each lane and then it works out where to put the cp's
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

what about smaller maps? Would it still work?
thepolm3
Scripter
Scripter

yes.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I finally tested both of the scripts on my local server. The powers is alright, it still needs to be buffed as I said before but it is ready for playing so far. The gamemode does create all of the control points but I could capture the main control points even if I had not captured the two control points in a lane. All we need now to complete this project is:
-buff the powers
-finish the speed power
-fix the master control point
thepolm3
Scripter
Scripter

please specify complete buff; And the idea is that the defending team has to defend all lanes; If they manage to capture even one, they can win
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

thepolm3 wrote:
please specify complete buff; And the idea is that the defending team has to defend all lanes; If they manage to capture even one, they can win
All timed powers that are level one should be buffed to 5 seconds. Well in a moba you have to destroy towers that defend the main monument. In the AoS moba you should not be bale to capture the main monument at spawn unless all of the control points in a lane is captured. Since the gamemode will be around 10v10 per match it will be hard defending every single control point. Right now it feels like TC but with a bigger map and more control points instead of a modified version of tow like I wanted it to be.
thepolm3
Scripter
Scripter

Noted. I'll fix all that tomorrow, and hopefully it'll be done by tuesday
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I feel like I am asking too much. I talked with some other players and we thought it would be better for new players if you chose your power when you spawned and not in the top corner. On public servers people wouldn't want to read a bunch of stuff they would rather just play so changing it where you chose your powers when you spawn at the spawn point would be better. You should also add a command that lets you switch block powers, that way you can test which power is the best and even change it mid game to fit a scenario.
thepolm3
Scripter
Scripter

OK, no problem!
thepolm3
Scripter
Scripter

here are the new scripts; to your specifications (I hope)
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

The powers script is good to goo, you had it set to where when you spawned you were inside of the control point instead of around it but only for the blue spawn. Thats a simple fix though. The control points at the spawn seem to not be able to be capped unless all of the enemy control points are capped instead of just one lane of control points having to be captured. Remember, if the enemy team captures your spawn control point you lose. Then the other teams control points that were around the control point at their spawn did do damage except for the one in F1. Thats a nice feature so make sure it does that for the control point in F1 too. So:
-fix the control points havng to all be captured to capture the control point at spawn
-make sure all of the control points that are near the spawn points do damage if the one before it was not capped
thepolm3
Scripter
Scripter

I'll have to do that tomorrow
thepolm3
Scripter
Scripter

Latest version, fixed what you specified please test and feedback, made some other changes, should be good to go!
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

The moba gamemode script works great and is bug free as far as I can tell when I was testing. In the powers though when you are telporting with grenades the explosion kills you which was something that didn't happen before. So fix that and then it is ready for release.
50 posts Page 2 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Completed Releases”