[script] block_smack

5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Dr.Morphman
Scripter
Scripter

i am a peaceful person, so here is another script that lets you to kill people in an even more bizarre way

sooo since somebody was wondering if a block_punch may be possible to create, i decided to write one according to my interpretation of it, aaand yup, it was working perfectly fine (as far as i know)

this is how it works:
you have to hold a block, stay close to an enemy, and try to snap towards him
(just move your mouse quickly through him, similiar to smacking someone with a brick irl)
the stronger you snap, the more damage you will inflict to your enemy (wow aimbots can be OP with blocks now)

hmm i was wondering if i should not limit it to only blocks since it would be cool to slap your enemies with your weapon as well
(close range combat in shooters ftw)

here are some commands for admins who are bored:
/blocksmackangle <value> (/bsa) : the required angle to actualy detect a snap and deal damage (couldnt find a way to convert it to degrees therefore i canot realy tell what recommended values are, 6 seemed right to me)
/blocksmackstrength <value> (/bss) : a variable influencing the damage you would normaly deal
/blocksmackrange <value> (/bsr) : the range at which you can smack enemies (set it to 2 by default)
/blocksmacktolerance <value> (/bst) : again something i am not able to explain (or rather understand) lets just call it the required accuracy for a successfull smack

this is not realy something that you may want to use on a public server but it can be fun on private ones
however due to the heavy use of on_orientation_update(), this script is most likely to cause lags (i am not so sure about it though, it might have been only my old pc that is not able to run this game fluently during testing)
Attachments
blocksmack.py
Dont try this at home!
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
Last edited by Dr.Morphman on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

GIVE MORPH HIS SCRIPTER BADGE ALREADY!
Dr.Morphman
Scripter
Scripter

Kuma wrote:
GIVE MORPH HIS SCRIPTER BADGE ALREADY!
ew no i dont need praise for something i throw together in like 30 minutes
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

I am talking about all the other scripts
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Script validated/approved.

Demo it on the aloha.pk smashoff server.
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Features & Enhancements”