[GAMEMODE] Last Stand + 5 Maps [UPDATED v1.252]

36 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post
Influx
Mapper
Mapper

matthew0901 wrote:
Going to start hosting this on my server again as I had this on my server last year. So I'm switching from push to Last Stand.
Thanks, that's much appreciated!
Sponge wrote:
Last Stand is back! This was always my favorite gamemode, and you got Aloha server to run it AND the newsletter feature. Go Influx! I support you 100%.
It's surprising how much of the newsletter I occupied - a feature, an interview and 2nd place in the Push map contest. I just hope that this exposure encourages people to try it for themselves. We need the players.
TBS wrote:
I really liked it, but the server is dead now. and it's not very fun with few people.
Maybe some smaller maps and a script that automatically changes map based on how many players are on and what size the map is could be a good idea?
Well, the fighting is concentrated around a small area anyway so I'm not sure how a small map would really change things. If people are running out and hiding, just capture the flag.
TheWildMuffin wrote:
Awesome to play but there are not often players on there.
Yeah, the word needs to get out, and hopefully the newsletter feature will help. Plus, it just might not be to some people's taste.
10se1ucgo wrote:
Influx, do you happen to have an example of the new map layout? I see a new layout of spawns and such on the server, but not on the downloadable maps right now.

Also, do you mind giving Guards the ability to change map? Lots of users are telling me to change the map when I can't :P

I'll go add the ability to change maps for guards - out of curiousity, which ones are being requested to be changed from/to?
10se1ucgo
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Influx wrote:
I'll go add the ability to change maps for guards - out of curiousity, which ones are being requested to be changed from/to?
Mostly being changed to The Alamo or Rorkesdrift
Influx
Mapper
Mapper

Is Ambush still broken? I thought I'd fixed it, but I've not really been able to test it. Anyway, I've edited guard's permissions so you can change the map.

Also, updates to the script and a new map - Kowang-San (Hill 355). Let me know what you all think of it.
10se1ucgo
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Influx wrote:
Is Ambush still broken? I thought I'd fixed it, but I've not really been able to test it. Anyway, I've edited guard's permissions so you can change the map.

Also, updates to the script and a new map - Kowang-San (Hill 355). Let me know what you all think of it.
I haven't been having any problems with Ambush, I guess people just like the other maps

EDIT: Heh, found a mistake in README.txt. You forgot to update the script version xD "LAST STAND SCRIPT V1.215 BY INFLUX"
10se1ucgo
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I decided to create a classic gen map for Last Stand. Although it isn't random, and just one map, it still is pretty cool.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bmcj2b9x0l17zv5
Influx
Mapper
Mapper

10se1ucgo wrote:
I decided to create a classic gen map for Last Stand. Although it isn't random, and just one map, it still is pretty cool.
Thanks! I've added it to the rotation. If I could make a comment, though, I'd say the defenders don't have much of a defense - maybe they could have trenches and buildings and other things people build in classicgen servers.
10se1ucgo
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Influx wrote:

Thanks! I've added it to the rotation. If I could make a comment, though, I'd say the defenders don't have much of a defense - maybe they could have trenches and buildings and other things people build in classicgen servers.
Sure! Thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT:
Okay, updated, same link.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

10se1ucgo wrote:

DOWNLOAD:
That's really cool actually, good job. :D
Influx
Mapper
Mapper

The script has been updated with all the latest changes. I was going to wait and do more testing on it, but with this gaming event happening tomorrow, and the fact there's a rather crucial bug fix in this script, I've released it now.

Also included is a new map - Hacienda Camarón.

Also, 10se1ucgo, I had to edit your map a little bit - the building you'd put in would be inaccessible, and I ended up adding a few more things to give the defenders a bit more of a chance.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

So, about using Normandie on last stand. Here is the changes I'm proposing.

The flag is german, as german had occupied Normandie under WW2. The area that you have to be to capture the flag is marked by the fence tot he left, the trees on the top, and gravestones to the right and bottom.

There are no gravestones or anything like that in the red box where people stand to capture it. You gotta make sure the fence is only two blocks from both sides though, as we can't place/remove blocks.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

The flag is german, as german had occupied Normandie under WW2. The area that you have to be to capture the flag is marked by the fence tot he left, the trees on the top, and gravestones to the right and bottom.

There are no gravestones or anything like that in the red box where people stand to capture it. You gotta make sure the fence is only two blocks from both sides though, as we can't place/remove blocks.

And the church is moved further to the green side. This is just my idea of course. Blue_Happy1

--------------------------------

Small sidenote, I know Normandie exists in real life, but what about this town here? Is it possible to find it on google maps or something?
10se1ucgo
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Influx wrote:
Also, 10se1ucgo, I had to edit your map a little bit - the building you'd put in would be inaccessible, and I ended up adding a few more things to give the defenders a bit more of a chance.
Oh, Cool!
May I have a download so I can have the fix to be later used on my server?
Influx
Mapper
Mapper

TBS wrote:

And the church is moved further to the green side. This is just my idea of course. Blue_Happy1

--------------------------------

Small sidenote, I know Normandie exists in real life, but what about this town here? Is it possible to find it on google maps or something?
I like the idea, and I think Normandie could certainly work for a Last Stand map. However, moving the church isn't as easy as it sounds, since I lost the kvx files used in Normandie. This would mean either using some map-editing feature to pick it out of the map and move it along, or to recreate it, delete the old one and insert the new one.

As for whether it's a real town, no, everything apart from the basic church design came from within my head. The church in this (and Bocage, to an even greater extent) is based off the church at Ste Mère Église.
10se1ucgo wrote:
Influx wrote:
Oh, Cool!
Sure;

http://www.mediafire.com/?ev263kyb60p1cvj

I didn't mean for much to change but once I'd started I sort of just continued. Although I didn't add or change all that much, it's more than I originally intended to do.
10se1ucgo
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Influx wrote:
I like the idea, and I think Normandie could certainly work for a Last Stand map. However, moving the church isn't as easy as it sounds, since I lost the kvx files used in Normandie. This would mean either using some map-editing feature to pick it out of the map and move it along, or to recreate it, delete the old one and insert the new one.

As for whether it's a real town, no, everything apart from the basic church design came from within my head. The church in this (and Bocage, to an even greater extent) is based off the church at Ste Mère Église.
10se1ucgo wrote:
Oh, Cool!
Sure;

http://www.mediafire.com/?ev263kyb60p1cvj

I didn't mean for much to change but once I'd started I sort of just continued. Although I didn't add or change all that much, it's more than I originally intended to do.
Thanks! Looks great.

EDIT: Told you over IRC instead.

As for Normandie, to save the church as a kvx file, make it so that it is floating, then press F7 while looking at it. It will save it as a KV6 file, then open it in slab6, and save it as KVX
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Influx wrote:

Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rls3goxjd42ri3k Blue_Happy1
36 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Game Modes”