Division6 AGN - Ace of Spades Glory Days Night.

Join and host tournaments, contests, get-togethers, and other events.
18 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
TheGrandmaster
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

Y'all probably remember me, but in-case you don't - began playing AoS @ v0.22 and played it for many years, involved in various parts of the community. Been away for quite some time and I'd still call myself somewhat aloof from BnS, but I have been busy!

I help run a Rocket League community, who have begun having several weekly streams. We're called Division6, and every Friday we host an Alternative Games Night (AGN) @ 7pm BST. Last week I convinced 10 newbies to play Soldat (props to you if you know that game), and this week I am aiming to fill a 32-slot server from one of the earlier AoS versions.

Gen map, crazy sensitivity, no auto-climb, just the pure gold fun that was the early days.
I'm hoping to attract a crowd and get a full server so we can properly get a taste of that feeling, so please tell your old buddies to come back along for a nostalgic wonderland.

The client download will be linked to at the very beginning of the Stream, will have an easy 1-click joinable batch file, and the game shall be streamed by me on the D6 twitch channel (http://twitch.division6.org) for a number of hours hopefully (the server will be kept up for the night regardless).

Hope to see you all there, and if you have any questions, shoot! Blue_Pistol

EDIT: Here's the download link in advance for all those curious!
It's a modded 0.52, with autoclimb taken out, frame rate cap upped to 60 FPS, and master server link removed.
http://aos.division6.org/
SERVER LINK WILL BE PROVIDED ON THE NIGHT
Last edited by TheGrandmaster on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

This is fantastic!!!
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

hell yeah
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

This should be fun. AoS was a different game before autoclimb... slower paced, and tunnels were critical. Hint, hint... Green_Wink1 Blue_Wink1

Boosting this post to the front page for a few days until the event is over.
TheGrandmaster
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:24 amReubenMcHawk wrote:
hell yeah
awww yiss
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:57 amizzy wrote:
This should be fun. AoS was a different game before autoclimb... slower paced, and tunnels were critical. Hint, hint... Green_Wink1 Blue_Wink1

Boosting this post to the front page for a few days until the event is over.
Absolutely! It didn't look quite as clean back then, but the gameplay was just so different and fresh.

Thanks for the advertising, the more we get, the better it'll be. Blue_BigSmile
MuffinTastic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

hell
yeah
MrFritz
League Operator
League Operator

Yisss
RtMDL
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

just like the good old times. would definitely join Blue_BigSmile
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

damnnn can't wait
and maaaybe we could have a server for this version up permanently?
TheGrandmaster
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

Might be worth it?
Probably worth doing it weekly or fortnightly to begin with and see if the interest stays.
This is probably the only time Division6 will play it onstream, however I would stream any future ones on my own twitch in future and probably do the same level of advertising.

The stream will include an intro video to AoS, so if you do want to invite people who haven't played it before then feel free - they'll be guided all the way.
AsianGuy
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

looks like it's gonna be litty. im down
TheGrandmaster
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

As an update, all details remaining the same however I will be arranging a second server to be on standby given the interest this is generating.

D6 also hasn't played this game before so I may try and split out newer guys/non-tryhards into the secondary server - will see how many viewers show up on the twitch and decide then and there.

Also, I'm in the process of making a wee intro video that explains the controls, the game mode etc so it'll be super friendly to any newbie that comes along.
TheGrandmaster
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

Intro made - if you want to get your friends up to speed quick, made a short video explaining setup and basics:
TheGrandmaster
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

WE ARE LIVE.

Download and server links to be distributed shortly into the stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/division6rl

EDIT: STREAM OVER.
Server still up: client.exe -aos://114371666
Patch still hosted at http://aos.division6.org
Use the YouTube guide posted earlier to join.

AsianGuy

aww, i missed it. i was looking forwards to it until i realized i would be in school during the event :/
18 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Community Events”