League Interest

Join and host tournaments, contests, get-togethers, and other events.
37 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post

Would you participate in a league?

70%
Yes
25%
Maybe
5%
No

Total votes: 40

Rezon
Veterans
Veterans

Sounds interesting. If you could gather enough people, I'm in for the kill.
ATHEISTs_r_us
Banned

where is ReubenMcHawk
[MSA]JJohny
Deuced Up

on discord
Afrodude
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

i'd play if there was a prize
[RUS] Vlad01
League Participant
League Participant

arena with building/destroying ability
MrFritz
League Operator
League Operator

I am interested.

I would like to extend my help to the community as an attempt to revive this league. I would be even willing to put up an incentive for the winning team (money, xbox/psn/steam codes, and gift cards.)

As one of the remaining league admins for the original league. I believe that if we can get the ball rolling with proper management -- we can revive this league.
Darksand
League Participant
League Participant

For nostalgic reasons I would like to be in (even though with my recent schedule I might just have to settle for spectating or being a sub if someone is unable to play.) (Also arena sounds awesome :3 just love that gamemode)
berg_jnl
Deuce

Sounds like a great initiative to get a more active community. I think that even with a small amount of players, like 40, it will still be entertaining. We might grow every season. If you like I'll be able to help you with the organization of this event. Shown in the poll there is still some interest.
MrFritz
League Operator
League Operator

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:03 amberg_jnl wrote:
Sounds like a great initiative to get a more active community. I think that even with a small amount of players, like 40, it will still be entertaining. We might grow every season. If you like I'll be able to help you with the organization of this event. Shown in the poll there is still some interest.
We would like the help from everyone to revive the league! It's definitely possible to revive the league but not at the capacity like the previous years. I'm looking forward to it!
berg_jnl
Deuce

How are leagues organized in Buildandshoot, are there any draft-packages and player auctions / snakedrafts? I've never played leagues in Ace of Spades but I think that these matches would bring the games meta to a new level. What is the best way to get involved whit this event?
MrFritz
League Operator
League Operator

Berg,

The last official league for BuildandShoot was back in 2014. It was at the time of the end of the 5th season, that we saw a significant decrease in player activity. Thereafter, players started to leave and it wasn't the best time to try to start the 6th season. Groups within BuildandShoot started to form their own personal leagues and other Ace of Spades communities started to form their own leagues aswell. It's been roughly 3 years since an official league has been hosted.

This thread will give you all the information that you would want to know regarding how we ran our league.
https://www.buildandshoot.com/forums/vi ... 60&t=11273

Furthermore, I think the best thing that you can do is to spread the word about Buildandshoot (ace of spades) to your friends and any community that you're apart of. Simple word of mouth (typing of keyboard) can go a long way!
Darksand
League Participant
League Participant

MrFritz should I try to record and upload this season if I manage to make it? I still have S4 and S5 uploaded (At least for the group I was with).
Closetobegood
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:31 pmMr.Torch wrote:
Arena
Zombie
Eimis
League Champs
League Champs

Make this happen plz
Soraboy
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:21 pmEimis wrote:
Make this happen plz
yiiiiis

We should definitely use the knowledge we gathered from the past leagues to first of all put up a veto system like we have in the CS scene for example. Don't know about other changes yet but I think the rules Dan set up over the past leagues are useful and we should be aware of them and use most of the rules again, and maybe overwork some of them if necessary (as mentioned, the veto system for example)

For the gamemode I'd like to suggest Arena and CTF. Some time after the 5th League Dan set up a tournament for one weekend which was in the arena game mode and I loved it since this game mode gave me this feeling of playing back when I started with AoS, but still I don't feel like it should be considered for being played a whole league long, I'd rather like to see it being played for a short period of time just like it was played after the 5th league finished. It's fun and you can always see interesting plays in an arena game but the skill level is way higher in a CTF match 5v5 with construction just like we had it back then. Interesting towers, sneaky plays and flanking all over the place.

We should definitely KEEP the old format of a 5v5 CTF. Overwork some rules to make the gameplay and overall organizing more precise and less chaotic then it was back in the first 5 leagues. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that so many people try to bring in their ideas but speaking for me and many other players who attempted all 5 leagues it's the best thing to keep the old format and just work on it with including new maps, rules and a better organizing over all.

Oh and also dont forget to make screenshots of players weapons a rule alright
37 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Community Events”