The Ace - Release Party [Event Over - video coming soon]

Join and host tournaments, contests, get-togethers, and other events.
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post

Do You want to see this game mode on a full time(24/7) server?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:36 am

No votes
Yes
100%
No
No votes
Maybe, if some things are changed (Please post below)

Total votes: 1

Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

This event is now over. A video montage will be posted below after the editing process is complete. Thanks for playing

Hello all you deuces (and dunces!), you have all seen the game mode called 'The Ace' right? Yes, mhmh... no.Well even if you haven't that should not stop you from visiting the first public server that will be hosting it.

What is The Ace?
Spoiler:
The Ace is a game mode inspired from the DS game Metroid Prime Hunters. Just think off Halo's Griffball except with no teams. Basically what you do, is at the start of the match everybody is a normal player, but whoever gets the first kill will become the Ace. As the Ace you get damage resistances and your damage with guns is stronger. However, every so often you take damage and the only way to get more health is to kill players. The ace is also not allowed to build or destroy blocks. If a player can successfully kill the Ace they will inherit the status. You still get points for killing other players though. To make it easier to find the Ace, One of the intels will be placed above their location, and they will be carrying the other intel.

So the Object of the game is to be the first to a certain amount of points to win.
What do I need to do?
Spoiler:
Nothing. All you have to do is show up to the server called "The Ace - Debut" without quotations. Once this event is taking place I will place the link at the top of this post so you can automatically connect.
Are there any rules?
Spoiler:
Not really, only the usual
  • No Trolling
  • No Cheating
That's pretty much it. I will be monitoring the servers the whole time and let me just say that I have hawk vision when it comes to hackers. So be warned, if you are caught you will be immediately kicked
When is the flipping thing already!
Spoiler:
The first event will be on Wednesday 11th at 5PM (GMT -5). This will also be taking place on Saturday 14th at 1PM (GMT -5). if You want to know when this is in your timezone head on over to the following website, enter your general location (country/city) and click the "Convert Time" button. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... 1=179&p2=0

Both Events will be active for 2 hours after the posted times.
Game Mode Setup(For those who want the specifics)
Spoiler:
The maximum number of players will be 16, all on the same team
All maps will have instant death on entering water
  • Hit-Interval: every 2 seconds
  • Hit-amount: 2HP
  • Heal Per Kill: 20
The Ace > Player = 5pt

Points Per Hit Interval (The Ace) = 1

First one to 200 points wins!
Other
Spoiler:
I will be making a video compilation of the match to showcase The Ace. You can record your viewpoint and send it to me if you want. No more than 6 minutes in length. If your video is too long, you can trim it yourself or tell me the parts that you liked and I can trim it. Credits will be given in the video.
Official Post for "The Ace" game mode (old source, will be updated after the 14th): http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=9928
Last edited by Desert Storm on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:04 am, edited 13 times in total.
LeCom

Hey, if you really are going to invite a dead community to play a moderately interesting mode on a dying game, you should at least pick a suitable time and not one when most Europeans are already deeply slumbering.
Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

LeCom wrote:
Hey, if you really are going to invite a dead community to play a moderately interesting mode on a dying game, you should at least pick a suitable time and not one when most Europeans are already deeply slumbering.
Well, do you have any suggestions? Please note that I am considering school on Wednesday, and also my own timezone of when I am actually up :P
Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

The Ace server is now online and will run until 7:40 PM GMT-5.
Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

That was a great match everyone. Make sure to come back on the 14th, there will be more maps and some tweaks made to the script Blue_Wink1
LeCom

Desert Storm wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Well, do you have any suggestions? Please note that I am considering school on Wednesday, and also my own timezone of when I am actually up :P
At least you could have said till when you have school. In general, events are best made on holidays just because of school/work, but you already know that.
I don't remember at what time the first match was held, but 1 pm GMT-5 seems ok. So I guess this time everything is fine.
Concerning the game mode: isn't it somehow OP that the ace can't build blocks?
PS. out of interest, how many people participiated in the match?
Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

LeCom wrote:
Desert Storm wrote:
LeCom wrote:
At least you could have said till when you have school. In general, events are best made on holidays just because of school/work, but you already know that.
I don't remember at what time the first match was held, but 1 pm GMT-5 seems ok. So I guess this time everything is fine.

It's is OP that the Ace can't build blocks? I thought that limited the Ace's ability to hide and just get points every time the take damage from being the Ace. I think the most OP thing in the gamemode was the shotgun, which I had to tweak.

I think the peak number of players that showed up was about 6

EDIT:
Also concerning school, I am actually a full time college student so the times that I can be on is not much for concern, I meant for others who are in a scheduled school system (typically from 6-7AM to 2-3PM for highschool).
LeCom

Desert Storm wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Desert Storm wrote:
LeCom wrote:

It's is OP that the Ace can't build blocks? I thought that limited the Ace's ability to hide and just get points every time the take damage from being the Ace. I think the most OP thing in the gamemode was the shotgun, which I had to tweak.

EDIT:
Also concerning school, I am actually a full time college student so the times that I can be on is not much for concern, I meant for others who are in a scheduled school system (typically from 6-7AM to 2-3PM for highschool).
oops I meant "underpowered" of course (or, OP for the others). Since the others can take advantage of this and abuse it, for example, they can build walls around him and he'd have to dig through them, which costs time. Some kind of ESP can prevent the Ace from hiding.
Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

LeCom wrote:
Desert Storm wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Desert Storm wrote:
LeCom wrote:

EDIT:
oops I meant "underpowered" of course (or, OP for the others). Since the others can take advantage of this and abuse it, for example, they can build walls around him and he'd have to dig through them, which costs time. Some kind of ESP can prevent the Ace from hiding.
Oh, I see what you mean. Well Actually, because the ace gets boosts and resistances it makes them play in a fair way: They can not build a fort and just wait for people to come and attack them one bye one, killing them almost instantly. As for trapping the Ace, that would be an interesting strategy to see used, instead of just rushing the Ace all at once, players might try to catch the Ace in a trap and kill them more safely. As for the ESP thing, the Ace carries the one intel, while the other one is positioned above their head.
Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

If you did not get a chance to try out the game mode on wednesday, today is your last chance. At 1PM GMT-5 the server will come online for 2 hours.
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Community Events”