[Event] Back to Basics II - Classicgen

Join and host tournaments, contests, get-togethers, and other events.
3 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
DrDeuce
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Many months ago I hosted a game of Classicgen that about eight people turned up to and we had a pretty fun time.

That was in February, and considering that it's been almost a year since I last hosted an event I thought that there should be a second round of it.

Times

On January the 5th you will relive some of Ace of Spades' best days (i.e before Jagex) and play some good 'ol classicgen. Some nice trench building should ensue. It will take place at 10PM GMT for maximum convenience for those of you around the world. Except Australians. Does anybody actually live there?

10PM GMT (London)
8AM Eastern Australian Time (Sydney)
4PM Eastern American Time (Washington D.C)
2PM Western American (or Pacific) Time (Los Angeles)

January 5th

If you live in another time zone, look up a world clock on the internet. Remember timezones East from London adds an hour, while timezones West of London decreases an hour.

What The Event is About
Classicgen and randomgen servers are mostly empty! Oh noes! Let's show a bit of appreciation for the map that gave Ace of Spades it's identity. Classicgen (the map being run; a relative of randomgen) offers a wide variety of strategies that most maps these days don't offer: building and tunneling is much less restricted, rather than on maps such as Hallway (all tunneling) or Pinpoint (all building) - both excellent maps for the gameplay they offer, but I feel that Classicgen goes unappreciated these days.

Server Info:
Spoiler:
Name: Back to Basics
Server Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Max. Players: 20
Gamemode: CTF
Admin: Me. Obviously.
Game Version: 0.75
Rules: No griefing, no racism, be nice, do what the admin says, etc
Notes

This is a casual match. If you aren't having a good time feel free to leave; hopefully everybody who comes (if anybody) will have a bit of a laugh and a sweaty bottom by the end of it.
(Watch from 1:29 for full effect)
Last edited by DrDeuce on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

How was it?
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

why did you just delete a whole bunch of posts and then say something meaningless?
3 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Community Events”