Weapon suggestion thread

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
81 posts Page 5 of 6 First unread post
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Those aren't bad, but I still don't think they live up to sensei SIMOX.
madsnark
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Attachments for weapons? Why fucking not?

Like dat:
And dis:
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

I know there is 5 pages of discussion before I posted this but I would like the weapons to remain abstract and not have 500 guns modeled off of real life counterparts. i.e. the pistol is called pistol and model makers can make it a M1911 or a colt 45.
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

danhezee wrote:
I know there is 5 pages of discussion before I posted this but I would like the weapons to remain abstract and not have 500 guns modeled off of real life counterparts. i.e. the pistol is called pistol and model makers can make it a M1911 or a colt 45.

Yeah, I am a big fan of the Firearms mod for Halflife 1.
The biggest problems with the mod is the constant balancing and re-balancing of all the guns. They would have it right for a few months then the next patch would doink everything into oblivion because they added 1 or 2 new guns that are are over or under powered.

It would be much easier to balance a few gun types. And like you say, it will leave it open for people to use their imagination when they mod.

With the old client I changed all the bullets into Lasers, painted the player like a stormtrooper, and added my own crappy star-wars inspired sounds. In less than an hour in Slab 6 and Audacity I had my own mod.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

JoJoe_Stinky wrote:
danhezee wrote:

Yeah, I am a big fan of the Firearms mod for Halflife 1.
The biggest problems with the mod is the constant balancing and re-balancing of all the guns. They would have it right for a few months then the next patch would doink everything into oblivion because they added 1 or 2 new guns that are are over or under powered.

It would be much easier to balance a few gun types. And like you say, it will leave it open for people to use their imagination when they mod.

With the old client I changed all the bullets into Lasers, painted the player like a stormtrooper, and added my own crappy star-wars inspired sounds. In less than an hour in Slab 6 and Audacity I had my own mod.
This is a very valid reason also. It wouldnt be in the spirit of AoS to make a bunch of direct copies of guns. I for one agree that they shouldnt be direct copies of real guns.
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

That was a fast 180 degrees turn arkger. Remember this ?
Arkger wrote:
UnrealIncident wrote:
I'm thinking of making a modern weapon mod with probably 4 weapons and maybe pistols if I can figure out how to get those working.

Current weapon line up:
AR - FN SCAR
SMG - KRISS Vector
Sniper - Barrett M95 or CheyTac Intervention
Shotgun - Not sure yet.

This is just an idea. I also need some possible damage values for the guns.
No HMG? D:
and I would like the SMG to be a MP7, or UMP... they just look cooler.
The shotgun could be the SPAS-12, and I like the AR and Sniper choices.
Last edited by tungdil on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

tungdil wrote:
That was a fast 180 degrees turn arkger.
Jesus christ, tungdil what the hell do you mean? I feel like you are aways trying to find a way to make me look bad? Why is
It a 180? You are acting like I was campaigning for copied guns?
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

You could just stop changing your opinion every week. It adds even more confusion.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

tungdil wrote:
You could just stop changing your opinion every week. It adds even more confusion.
Explain. Because I really don't understand. When did I change my opinion? I just think you are trying to come up with some way to critisize me, only it's on some stupid accusations you JUST came up with to try to get a reaction.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Arkger wrote:
tungdil wrote:
Explain. Because I really don't understand. When did I change my opinion? I just think you are trying to come up with some way to critisize me, only it's on some stupid accusations you JUST came up with to try to get a reaction.
There's nothing to explain. He is just trying to stir up drama for no reason whatsoever.
He tried to incite a flamewar with me too. Although that really just labelled him as an ass.
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

Vezok wrote:
Arkger wrote:
tungdil wrote:
There's nothing to explain. He is just trying to stir up drama for no reason whatsoever.
He tried to incite a flamewar with me too. Although that really just labelled him as an ass.
That was unnecessary, tungdil is saying:
You change your opinion too often, pick what you want and keep it that way.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

tungdil wrote:
That was a fast 180 degrees turn arkger. Remember this ?
Arkger wrote:
UnrealIncident wrote:
I'm thinking of making a modern weapon mod with probably 4 weapons and maybe pistols if I can figure out how to get those working.

Current weapon line up:
AR - FN SCAR
SMG - KRISS Vector
Sniper - Barrett M95 or CheyTac Intervention
Shotgun - Not sure yet.

This is just an idea. I also need some possible damage values for the guns.
No HMG? D:
and I would like the SMG to be a MP7, or UMP... they just look cooler.
The shotgun could be the SPAS-12, and I like the AR and Sniper choices.
We already discussed this, about 3 pages ago. CommieBuffalo and some other guy both stated how having direct copies would be bad, and I agreed, A LONG TIME AGO, this is like 3 or 4 days ago, so it's not really my fault, it's just you're not stalking me as well anymore. This has been my opinion for a while now, I would like to keep it the way it is, because AoS isn't a military shooter (which I have also said we well =/)

Oh yeah, and stop being an ass.
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

So you agree to my point ? I didn't attack you, i just said that you should not change your opinion often.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

tungdil wrote:
So you agree to my point ? I didn't attack you, i just said that you should not change your opinion often.
You have tried to "attack" me on more than one occasion, and I changed my opinion a while ago. You are still acting as if me changing my opinion on using real guns or not was a big thing. All you are trying to do is make me look bad, because to what extent is me changing one opinion confusing? Even when I changed it days ago...

ANYWAYS, I DO agree that shouldn't be direct copies. I do not mind at all if it is modeled after something, like the one's in the game are, but calling it by it's name and everything in the game wouldn't be in the spirit of AoS for me.
Last edited by Arkger on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

tungdil wrote:
No you pretty much attacked him. Don't incite flamewars.
81 posts Page 5 of 6 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”