Weapon suggestion thread

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
81 posts Page 3 of 6 First unread post
Articsledder
Deuced Up

As I mentioned, I think you guys are confusing LMG's with HMG's. An LMG would effectively be the SMG we already have in .75, something effective at medium to long ranges that makes people duck when they are shot at.

An HMG would be a heavy duty gun with minimal recoil, but with some kind of over heat or longer reload, and you would have too briefly set it up before using. (Setting it up may not be the most fun, but otherwise I fear people would force it into offensive roles)
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

Articsledder wrote:
As I mentioned, I think you guys are confusing LMG's with HMG's. An LMG would effectively be the SMG we already have in .75, something effective at medium to long ranges that makes people duck when they are shot at.

An HMG would be a heavy duty gun with minimal recoil, but with some kind of over heat or longer reload, and you would have too briefly set it up before using. (Setting it up may not be the most fun, but otherwise I fear people would force it into offensive roles)
It might actually be... does it have a high rate of fire? If so, I have been mistaking my idea for it as a LMG this whole time.
UnrealIncident
Coder
Coder

I'm thinking of making a modern weapon mod with probably 4 weapons and maybe pistols if I can figure out how to get those working.

Current weapon line up:
AR - FN SCAR
SMG - KRISS Vector
Sniper - Barrett M95 or CheyTac Intervention
Shotgun - Not sure yet.

This is just an idea. I also need some possible damage values for the guns.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

UnrealIncident wrote:
I'm thinking of making a modern weapon mod with probably 4 weapons and maybe pistols if I can figure out how to get those working.

Current weapon line up:
AR - FN SCAR
SMG - KRISS Vector
Sniper - Barrett M95 or CheyTac Intervention
Shotgun - Not sure yet.

This is just an idea. I also need some possible damage values for the guns.
No HMG? D:
and I would like the SMG to be a MP7, or UMP... they just look cooler.
The shotgun could be the SPAS-12, and I like the AR and Sniper choices.
Commando_Ghost
Modder
Modder

Screw the hmg :T

The UMP has a slower fire rate for an smg, it wouldn't be suitable. An MP7 might be good, but I prefer the Kriss or the MP5A4.

The SPAS-12 is pretty much the lamest and overrated shotgun I've ever came across, the R870 MCS is alot versatile, swaggier & is practically the best shotgun ever.

UnrealIncident I request that you pls-pls-pls don't make the Cheytac. Please, replace that with either the M39 EMR or M40A5. Also I have no problems with the SCAR, but I think the M16A4 would be better imo

EDIT : Would you like any help with the models? I really wanna help by making newer ones.
UnrealIncident
Coder
Coder

Commando_Ghost wrote:
Screw the hmg :T

The UMP has a slower fire rate for an smg, it wouldn't be suitable. An MP7 might be good, but I prefer the Kriss or the MP5A4.

The SPAS-12 is pretty much the lamest and overrated shotgun I've ever came across, the R870 MCS is alot versatile, swaggier & is practically the best shotgun ever.

UnrealIncident I request that you pls-pls-pls don't make the Cheytac. Please, replace that with either the M39 EMR or M40A5. Also I have no problems with the SCAR, but I think the M16A4 would be better imo

EDIT : Would you like any help with the models? I really wanna help by making newer ones.
For the sniper I would rather the M95 personally. The R870 MCS looks pretty good for the shotgun slot. Also models would be great.
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

I don't like the way the M95 looks. I think the L96, the SV98 and the M39 EMR are much sexier rifles, IMO.

The KRISS Super V series is very sexy if done right, buy you could go the safe way and take the classic MP5 approach.
Commando_Ghost
Modder
Modder

Alright I'll make the M95, M39 EMR, R870 MCS, the Kriss & MP5 & the FN SCAR. Should they all be black by default or have their standard issued apparel? If you want the L96 or SV98 then tell me, I'll try to fit that in as well. btw What is your approach for the sniper scopes though? Last time i checked the scopes would be too high in OS.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Why do you guys not just use SIMOX's stuff? I'm sure he'd be more than happy if you did.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

y not use ghost's, or duck's, or chief's, or shadowranger's, or buffalo's, or snpr's or mine
someone that's alive
UnrealIncident
Coder
Coder

Commando_Ghost wrote:
Alright I'll make the M95, M39 EMR, R870 MCS, the Kriss & MP5 & the FN SCAR. Should they all be black by default or have their standard issued apparel? If you want the L96 or SV98 then tell me, I'll try to fit that in as well. btw What is your approach for the sniper scopes though? Last time i checked the scopes would be too high in OS.
Standard issue for the colour and for the sniper scope I'll use the magic of .png scopes.
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

UnrealIncident wrote:
For the sniper I would rather the M95 personally. The R870 MCS looks pretty good for the shotgun slot. Also models would be great.
M95 is an anti-material rifle, not an anti-personnel rifle, so I think another sniper rifle would be better. Also I think shotgun should be a Benelli M4 imho.
Articsledder
Deuced Up

Arkger wrote:
Articsledder wrote:

It might actually be... does it have a high rate of fire? If so, I have been mistaking my idea for it as a LMG this whole time.
Doesn't matter really, historically it varied quite a bit.

Honestly if I were you guys I would avoid using the same model as a real weapon. It kind of feels a little wierd, would be less unique, and give people something to compare the weapon too despite all of AoS's weapons being limited in range due too the fog.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

Articsledder wrote:
Arkger wrote:
Articsledder wrote:

Doesn't matter really, historically it varied quite a bit.

Honestly if I were you guys I would avoid using the same model as a real weapon. It kind of feels a little wierd, would be less unique, and give people something to compare the weapon too despite all of AoS's weapons being limited in range due too the fog.
I somewhat agree, because I like guns BASED off of certain guns, but exact replicas seem kinda weird. We aren't a military shooter (Well, that kinda matters who you are talking to), so we don't need exactly replicas.
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

I'm ok with at, as long as we don't create any monstrously impossible hybrid abomination. Think Chinese Assault Rifle in Fallout 3 when making the weapons, not that MKG machinegun in Far Cry 3.
81 posts Page 3 of 6 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”