OpenSpades introduction

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
665 posts Page 42 of 45 First unread post
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

scrawl wrote:
Genkis wrote:
Hi, I made a little Trailer for OpenSpades: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlaUCG0i9Rw
fixed the link for you.
Fixed and shortened the link for you.
Genkis
Deuce

ah, thx. yeah, I couldnt post a URL because I had no posts before ^^
onigiri
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Genkis wrote:
Hi, I made a little Trailer for OpenSpades: https://www youtube.com/watch?v=WlaUCG0i9Rw&list=UUWJOlV20YiQfYBrpSn4CWvA
IT is very great !
I was very impressed:) Blue_Happy1
Genkis
Deuce

Thank you :)
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

Madnessboy wrote:
Found these screenshots in yvt dev blog.
It looks like there is almost no differences from voxlap client. Impressive! Green_Surprised2

I finally tried out the software renderer it is amazing

Genkis
Deuce

I wanted to ask: is there a way to deactivate the HUD? That would be great, so one could make a trailer or else without all the text and so on.
danhezee

you might be able to do that in topo's version
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

danhezee wrote:
you might be able to do that in topo's version
You can in topo's fork, in the ingame setup you activate "Minimal HUD".
King_Bulbasaur
Deuce

When i started playing open spades i noticed that it was automatically played in a window. I checked the settings and there was no fix for it. I think it might have something to do with windows 8.1 since i updated from windows 8 and my regular ace of spades now plays in a window as well.
King_Bulbasaur
Deuce

When i started playing open spades i noticed that it was automatically played in a window. I checked the settings and there was no fix for it. I think it might have something to do with windows 8.1 since i updated from windows 8 and my regular ace of spades now plays in a window as well. Please help.
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

Hold spacebar while starting OpenSpades. Enable fullscreen there.
Rebwarrior
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

So, what you guys are saying is, if I have a shite video/graphics card, I'm screwed? I've heard that OpenSpades is practically taking over once BnS gets rights to AoS from Fagex, so am I stuck with some other game after said purchase? I got stuck with a hand-me-down work computer, so I have next to no shaders. Or, is there an option to not have a complete HD graphics overhaul?
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Jagex will never give the rights away and people will still host games for the voxlap version
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

Rebwarrior wrote:
So, what you guys are saying is, if I have a shite video/graphics card, I'm screwed? I've heard that OpenSpades is practically taking over once BnS gets rights to AoS from Fagex, so am I stuck with some other game after said purchase? I got stuck with a hand-me-down work computer, so I have next to no shaders. Or, is there an option to not have a complete HD graphics overhaul?
1. BnS will never get the rights back from Jagex.
2. Openspades doesn't need any rights from Jagex to progress.
3. If your graphics card is shite, you're screwed.
4. You can run openspades in software render, making it alot less intensive on your computer.
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

Rebwarrior wrote:
This settings may help you:
Spoiler:
Or try topenspadongs, a modified version of OpenSpades and make sure you set cg_debugAim, r_depthOfField, r_cameraBlur to 0.
665 posts Page 42 of 45 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”