OpenSpades introduction

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
665 posts Page 2 of 45 First unread post
yvt
Coder
Coder

TheChief98 wrote:
"OpenSpades uses the exactly same format with AoS 0.75 for models/sounds.
However, the directory structure is different, so you'll have to rename files of game mod.
Try unzipping Resources/Models.pak and you'll see the structure."
unpack them is easy, but how can i repack them in a .pak?

EDIT: Nvm i found it, i just put winrar as standard program for .pak files.
You don't have to repack. Just put in Resources (with a correct structure like Resources/Models/Weapons/SMG/Weapon.kv6)
MrFritz wrote:
I started to play the game and when I looked at the GUI. I saw no team names. No player names, No weapon names. Didnt see chat. Could someone help?
* What is the name of the server?
* How often does it happen?

Rizki wrote:
Your video card driver is likely to be too old, or missing. Try updating one.
Wtf bro?
VGA : AMD RADEON HD8000 , and i must update again??? [[xatmaniac]]
I have no idea... Can you run other games? (especially open source ones)
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

theChief, it seems you either killed one of the most famous Brazilian youtubers around, or some creepy copycating kid.
Be proud either way! :D
TheChief98
League Participant
League Participant

CommieBuffalo wrote:
theChief, it seems you either killed one of the most famous Brazilian youtubers around, or some creepy copycating kid.
Be proud either way! :D
I guess that it was just a kid :P
btw here is my aks74u ingame:
Spoiler:
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Do PNG scopes work too then?
Chase_UC
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

When I click Connect, it crashes, not just for me, but for one other guy. I set everything on low, what gives?
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Does your videocard support openGL? If not then you wont be able to use open spades
learn_more
Coder
Coder

how do they call this cross platform if they use autoreconf crap.
Chase_UC
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

jdrew wrote:
Does your videocard support openGL? If not then you wont be able to use open spades
It does. Also, got this error after I disabled hundreds of things:

http://gyazo.com/9fe4f6e0393533e054cb555d55c4e7cb

I could run Jagex's AoS, although the game was stuck in the loading screen.

EDIT: Nvm, just saw on the website that it doesn't support Intel 950GMA, and that's the GPU that I have. Oh well, I can just hope that it'll be compatible in the future.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I have had that too, I just started it again and it would work. Sorrry I do not know what to tell you then.
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Not able to connect either. I get the same error as the other two guys. Probably my videocard, oh well.
Chase_UC
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

jdrew wrote:
I have had that too, I just started it again and it would work. Sorrry I do not know what to tell you then.
I actually kept running the game at 800x600, and according to some people, it crashes at that resolution, I want to try my native resolution but I fucked up everything in the advanced settings. Could someone give me a screenshot of their advanced settings window? No matter how many times I delete it, it still has my previous configuration.

EDIT: Nvm, I have OpenGL 1.4 and I need 2.0. gg.
Daniel_Laixer
Deuced Up

I just got OpenSpades to work on Ubuntu Precise (12.04) 64bit! Green_BigSmile

Here are the commands I run (they're a bit different from the README.md file, but based on them). You can save the whole code to a script file and run it from your computer.

First I downloaded the OpenSpades source code from here https://github.com/yvt/openspades/archive/master.zip and extracted to my home dir. It doesn't matter where you extract it, but you have to run the commands from that dir o put in there the script file.
Code: Select all
# RUN THIS AT THE openspades-master FOLDER!!
#
# We need Autoconf version 2.69 or higher, but Ubuntu Precise only has 2.68, so we're going to add a repository
sudo apt-add-repository "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/costamagnagianfranco/autoconf/ubuntu precise main"

# Now let's update the repos
sudo apt-get update

# And now install all the required packages. These are all the ones required by the readme file. I needed to add "dh-autoreconf" and "autoconf" for the compiling process. UPDATE: I also added the "build-essential" package
sudo apt-get install -y pkg-config libsdl1.2-dev libfltk1.3-dev libglew-dev libjpeg-dev libxinerama-dev libxft-dev dh-autoreconf autoconf build-essential

# Compile the whole thing (same exact command as provided in the readme file)
./autogen.sh && ./configure PKG_CONFIG=pkg-config && make

# Install it!
sudo make install

# I was getting an error related to libopenal.so that I fixed by running this command. You may not need it if you're running a 32 bit OS. I know I should've created a symlink instead of copying the file, but I was having some kind of problem.
#UDPATE: you can actually specify the libopenal.so file location in the "Advanced Settings..." window instead of using this command
sudo cp /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopenal.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libopenal.so
Then I downloaded the Windows binary from https://sites.google.com/a/yvt.jp/openspades/downloads, and copied the Resources folder to ~./openspades/

Now simply run the command openspades from the terminal

I will upload a video later
Gameplay video!
Last edited by Daniel_Laixer on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chase_UC
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Would it be possible to do something like what Iceball did regarding the OpenGL thing? Since I can't run Iceball in OpenGL, i have it disabled in the .json file or w/e. I wonder if that would be possible to do here as well.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

The client is all about openGL. It can't run without it as it uses shaders,lighting, and other textures and stuff all from openGL. That is also why the client looks so good, the AoS client uses directX. That is why it can run on slower/older computers. OpenGL on the other hand is more modern and requires a better computer but ti gives you better graphics. If you want something else you would need to make a directX client that looks like this but since the game already uses directX that would be kinda pointless.
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

jdrew wrote:
Do PNG scopes work too then?
Thats the worst, it doesnt use png scope :(.

Does someone knows where i can find this target png ?
665 posts Page 2 of 45 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”