OpenSpades introduction

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
665 posts Page 40 of 45 First unread post
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

openspades4.jpg
openspades4.jpg (47.52 KiB) Viewed 7006 times
openspades3.jpg
openspades3.jpg (32.08 KiB) Viewed 7006 times
openspades2.jpg
openspades2.jpg (43.73 KiB) Viewed 7006 times
openspades.jpg
openspades.jpg (40.03 KiB) Viewed 7006 times
is there a way i can get it to work?
Henper
Post Demon
Post Demon

Openspade is kinda laggy for meh cause my compiter suks but its awesome!!
Madnessboy
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Found these screenshots in yvt dev blog.
It looks like there is almost no differences from voxlap client. Impressive! Green_Surprised2

Last edited by Madnessboy on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Commando_Ghost
Modder
Modder

^ Damn. Now that's epic.
Granny
Deuced Up

Pleeeeeaaaasssseeee let a Voxlap version come out...it would stop the complaining of those with $150 PCs and allow us to move forward with OpenSpades-only servers.
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

Granny wrote:
Pleeeeeaaaasssseeee let a Voxlap version come out...it would stop the complaining of those with $150 PCs and allow us to move forward with OpenSpades-only servers.
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

scrawl wrote:
Granny wrote:
that voxlap version looks a lot better than the regular aos
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

ZEB 99 wrote:
scrawl wrote:
Granny wrote:
that voxlap version looks a lot better than the regular aos
It does, but most people could still run it.
USABxBOOYO
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

I just tried OpenSpades for the first time today and, I must say, I'm really happy with what yvt has done. The game looks as good, if not better, than Jagex's version of the game (of course, with obviously better gameplay) and does it fairly well. I have the game running at almost max settings (I have everything set to high except lighting, which is set to medium, and Post FX is set to medium because there was some motion blur that I didn't like) and it looks really good.

I was wondering, though, what is the best anti-aliasing option? I have it set to FXAA and that seems to be the best there is. Also, what is the "Custom" option for? I don't see anything I can do with that. Finally, what's the difference between the three audio options and are higher polyphonics better?
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

USABxBOOYO wrote:
I just tried OpenSpades for the first time today and, I must say, I'm really happy with what yvt has done. The game looks as good, if not better, than Jagex's version of the game (of course, with obviously better gameplay) and does it fairly well. I have the game running at almost max settings (I have everything set to high except lighting, which is set to medium, and Post FX is set to medium because there was some motion blur that I didn't like) and it looks really good.

I was wondering, though, what is the best anti-aliasing option? I have it set to FXAA and that seems to be the best there is. Also, what is the "Custom" option for? I don't see anything I can do with that. Finally, what's the difference between the three audio options and are higher polyphonics better?
1. The best anti-aliasing is MSAA x4, lets just say the higher the number is the more smooth small object are, FXAA (F meaning Fast, is essentially MSAA x1, but x1 is not multi, it's only once.
2. Custom is pretty much means something has been changed in the 'advanced settings' of which none of the 'non custom' settings would have.
3. Not so sure 'bout this one...
Totenkopf
Deuced Up

Is there a way to start the game in fullscreen?
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

Totenkopf wrote:
Click the fullscreen box in the setup.
GolldenFalcon
Deuce

What are the system requirements for this?
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

openGL 2.0
Totenkopf
Deuced Up

bullets wrote:
Totenkopf wrote:
Click the fullscreen box in the setup.
Are you kidding me? There's no such box in the setup.
665 posts Page 40 of 45 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”