OpenSpades introduction

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
665 posts Page 32 of 45 First unread post
RtMDL
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

$oldierboy wrote:
Change the settings, worked for me.
Nope. It's not working Blue_NotHappy
learn_more
Coder
Coder

what settings did you change?

also, do what the error says (enable the r_showglerrors or whatever it's called, and post specs / system output here).
RtMDL
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

learn_more wrote:

also, do what the error says (enable the r_showglerrors or whatever it's called, and post specs / system output here).
I only changed the Graphic Settings and I didn't find anything that is named "r_showerrors" either. but here's an error that it gave me when I disabled "r_ignoreGLerrors"
Spoiler:
GL error Invalid Framebuffer Operation in virtual void spades::gui::SDLGLDevice::BlitFramebuffer(int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, unsigned int, spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum) at /Users/tcpp/Programs/MiscPrograms/openspades/Sources/Gui/SDLGLDevice.cpp:1838
learn_more
Coder
Coder

RtMDL wrote:
learn_more wrote:

I only changed the Graphic Settings and I didn't find anything that is named "r_showerrors" either. but here's an error that it gave me when I disabled "r_ignoreGLerrors"
Spoiler:
GL error Invalid Framebuffer Operation in virtual void spades::gui::SDLGLDevice::BlitFramebuffer(int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, unsigned int, spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum) at /Users/tcpp/Programs/MiscPrograms/openspades/Sources/Gui/SDLGLDevice.cpp:1838
thats the one i meant :)

will have a look later to see if i can find anything.
RtMDL
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

learn_more wrote:
RtMDL wrote:
learn_more wrote:

Spoiler:
thats the one i meant :)

will have a look later to see if i can find anything.
Ok, thanks Blue_Happy1
Space101
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

10/10 for Lens-flare effects.

Spielberg would b proud ;-;7
Miyoyo
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Hey!
Now that you have an open-source, custom client (openspades) and also an open-source, custom server (pysnip)

Why not make a standalone game (with new features like... mines or pistols or etc...)?
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

Well, GreaseMonkey are some other people are working on IceBall (But last time I played it, it wasn't so good :<<). Link: http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60
Miyoyo

Iceball...

There is something i hate about iceball:

The author doesn't want to help you compile it( libraries, and then, gtfo)

and seriously, ace of spades, even jagex one, is easy to install & play!

and i don't complain here about the linux compilation because:

You can use it with wine
There isn't any client that works out of the box on linux

P.S.: And seriously, who needs 8000 ways to edit the game, to finally just add some pianos everywhere?
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

Miyoyo wrote:
Hey!
Now that you have an open-source, custom client (openspades) and also an open-source, custom server (pysnip)

Why not make a standalone game (with new features like... mines or pistols or etc...)?
You sir, are a genius Green_BigSmile
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

Miyoyo wrote:
Hey!

Thats exactly my opinion but we probably don't have enough programmers or they don't have enough free time for this :((.
harlsberg
Deuced Up

Whenever i try to join a game it gives me the loading background and then crashes
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Can your computer support the game?
harlsberg
Deuced Up

jdrew wrote:
It should, I can run source engine games an Fallout NV and such. I dont have a card that the game doesnt support either
harlsberg
Deuced Up

jdrew wrote:
It should, I can run source engine games an Fallout NV and such. I dont have a card that the game doesnt support either
665 posts Page 32 of 45 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”