Installing Mods

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Nyanch
Deuce

Yes, this question is asked a lot. Yes, I legitimately don't know.

I've been out of the loop with AoS for a bit now and I'm just returning. I downloaded a couple of skins to install, they're in a nice .kv6 and the sights are in a .png, things are looking good. Open up BaseSkins\Models\Weapons\Rifle , and the files inside beg to differ. What do I have to do exactly? Just toss the file contents inside there? Rename the kv6 mod file to Weapon and toss it in with the .png?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

I think you're mixing up two different games.

There is Openspades, the fancy looking game and Ace of spades, the older looking game.
Where are you downloading your mods from? The ace of spades mod section or the openspades mod section?

Okay, judging of that directory you have, you're using openspades. First off, you're trying to download guns for ace of spades, not openspades. Go to the openspades mod section to get mods for openspades.
Nyanch
Deuce

Ah, you're right on that one. But I thought OpenSpades was compatible with AoS Classic mods, too?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Unfortunately, no. Especially for the rifle because the default rifle in openspades is double the dimensions. Also, in openspades, you actually have 3D ironsights which aren't compatible.
4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”