[IDEA] a separate game on the UE+compatible with OPNSPDS/AOS

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
klikbait_01
Deuce

now, i understand if this cant be done. but if someone can pull it off, no doubt me, and a mega-ton of people would play the crap out of that. (and yes, if i had the ability to make the game possible, Of Course i would! but since i dont have a 64 bit computing system, i cri everi tim)

the main idea

a spades remake game that is made on the UE4 (unreal engine 4 get it here - https://www.unrealengine.com/) and has compatibility with the open spades players and some of the players who still play the B&S AOS classic. not only that but it manages to keep the fresh feeling, but the gameplay is jest as classic as AOS original.

the new/improved bits

since OpenSpades didn't really have a menu, (surprise surprise) this one will. along with the menu will be the following:

offline with bots
multiplayer
mods
create a mod/map
your skin

most of these are self-explanatory, but jest in case, ill' explain them myself.

offline with bots

offline with bots is a simple, choose your map, choose the amount of bots, and let loose. there would be a few types of bots that you can choose from, ranging from newbie to veteran. every single one of these bots would each have the ability to shoot, break blocks, use the different modes (certain difficulties would have access to different modes) and such.

multiplayer

multiplayer is basically the same with the only difference of instead of bots, its player vs player. the gameplay would act very simillar to the originals. meaning only the rilfe, SMG, and the shotgun. (a more simple way of installing/creating a mod coming to a game idea near you!)

mods

the way mods would work would act like steam workshops way of handling it. jest press a button and the mod(or what they call "addon") is there for all your creative uses. same with the mod downloading for this one. find a mod that you want, press the install button, and you're done!

create a mod/map

an implemented creator that lets you create what you wanted to, from mods, to maps. you can make almost anything you would like in this creator.

the model creator is more simple, as a new invisible block would be added. called the "right_hand_pos" and another one called the "left_hand_pos" as well as a "ADS" block with an arrow showing where the camera will be pointing. you can also make different animations, and implement them into the model, and a simple "drag shooting sound here" way of implementing sounds for the weapon. there are probably many more ideas i could list, but i dont want this post to be too long and focused on the creator.

your skin

a simple skin creator, you can change what you look like with some presets that the game would have. (such as a Santa outfit, or a swat/FBI agent outfit.) or you can make custom combinations of a hat, shirt, pants, and footwear. (a Grinch hat, a civilian t-shirt, a snowy military set of pants, and a pair of Santa shoes.)

final words

firstly, there are more things i wanted to talk about. but the fact that its long enough, and right now its 12:34 AM. i really dont feel like
talking about them, as i am exhausted and want to get this topic over. what i will say is that this is NOT a topic about a game that i am making and leaking as much information as i can. i feel like i need to place the following in brackets every 5 words. this is not about a real game coming out, this is jest an idea that i wanted to get out and show the world.

once my sleeping meter is drained, i might make a new post about more of the things that i wanted to say.

do you agree? if so, tell me in the comments! if you dont, tell me why! ill be happy to read them!
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

klikbait_01 wrote:
a spades remake game that is made on the UE4
Everybody jump on UE4 bandwagon, NOW!
klikbait_01 wrote:
since OpenSpades didn't really have a menu
It does have a menu and you can quite easily expand it. Do you need a menu to get lost in it?
klikbait_01 wrote:
offline with bots
multiplayer
mods
create a mod/map
your skin
no. wait. I get it. You need a menu to get bored

most of these are self-explanatory, but jest in case, ill' explain them myself.
klikbait_01 wrote:
offline with bots
Ehhhh no.
But client and server integration would be nice, so instead would be "Localhost".
And then you'd choose what map/mapcycle, what scripts to run, whether to publish this server to masterserver so others can join etc.
Dedicated servers would be run from command line mainly.
klikbait_01 wrote:
multiplayer: only the rilfe, SMG, and the shotgun
The good the bad and the ugly...
But that's not enough. Complete list of should-have weaponry (please let's get into discussing what/why):
bolt-action, semi-rifle, SMG, HMG, shotgun, RPG, Mortar, pistol, HE grenades.
klikbait_01 wrote:
mods
It's quite rare to see a good mod that doesn't aim to make you more MLG. just saying it's also good idea to make it possible to disallow mods (as server setting).
klikbait_01 wrote:
create a mod/map
no. learn slab6, learn Notepad++ and that's it.
klikbait_01 wrote:
your skin
fuck no.
maybe server would have two skins you could choose from...
but let's not make this a hat simulator.

Also you really need to work a lot more on ideas. I'd be able to come up with them in less than 2 minutes.
Care to see some ideas of mine? See signature below.
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

What you're suggesting is the exact opposite of what this game needs. We do not need to keep 0.75 on life support, we need to extend it, I have been saying this for the past 3 fucking years.

What OpenSpades needs is to become its own thing, we have an open-source client and server, we can extend them, we just need to actually do it and get some official sanctioning, and get people to host servers and whatnot. I'm happy to host a server but we need some actual fucking traction from the community to actually use the modified version, and from the few people who still give a fuck about this game to actually contribute stuff.

The problem with this plan is it relies on official sanctioning and it took too long for Iceball to get its own forum. We still have backwards compat with 0.75 so it gets the official Build and Shoot Foundation Tick, so we could leverage this to our advantage.

We no longer have the "grandma's rig" excuse. I've got it working on a Raspberry Pi, and if you can fix the weird graphical issues you've got an engine that runs at about 30fps on a $35 computer.

At this stage I think it's a matter of which fork we need to use as a base. Do we want vanilla, topo's, learn_more's, or Chameleon's, or whatever the hell I've missed? We can mix features from each, we just need to decide on a base to use.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

I believe both LeCom's engine and IceBall would be able to have server-side mods.
So the only thing we (actually, I) need to do is provide a basic package that would run fast and look/play good. LeCom's engine is fast. So the only question right now is when do I get my shit together and start re-implementing my fork into his engine instead of OS.
That's just as simple as that - provide a game good enough, server hosts will make it even better.

Be warned, if I get my hands working on that engine, I will do my best to make shooting less important :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”