No Leaf Clover - 2016.06.13 - custom OS build - no updates

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
173 posts Page 10 of 12
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

those are what we call first world problems
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well I already made Blue team shoot G43/MP40 and Green shoot M1Garand/Thompson. Sounds are different for those 4 guns.
As I said, footstep/hurt sounds will not be different. But weapon/tool sounds are different already.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Haven't looked at BnS for a long time. Hows progress, Cham?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

My Focke-Wulf Ta-183 shot down two Tempest-V's and two P-63C's, but since my four MG-213's ran out of ammo before I could shoot down the second P-63C, I had to return to base and so I lost my altitude&speed. It resulted in a turn dogfight instead of my Ta-183's preferable boom and zoom tactic. I got shot a couple of times, damaged the end of my left wing. But I managed to gain altitude, and shot the P-63C when he tried escaping and shot again when he tried landing in a field. Then I harassed enemy airfield until I got hit, but my pilot bailed out.

That's how's my progress (Il-2 1946)

But don't worry, I got new computer and all of my recent progress. I've almost setup stuff. Butt studies first
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

On a scale of 1 to dead.

how we doin?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

and aof first <3
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

9-ish dead. I still think about you, NLC <3
But tbh OpenSpades engine isn't perfect, LeCom said "I can do so much better". So I'm going to try do some NLC with his engine, but that's still speculation, haven't run the client/server yet.

2016.05.10: Fixing this one up, so I can forget about this.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Bump-tity-bumb!

New release, 2016-05-12
Added scopes to both team's rifles! You can disable/enable scopes by writing "/weap_scope 0/1" and set scope magnification by writing "/weap_scopeZoom #". When you change scope settings, go to tent to apply them!
And if you have scope enabled and mounted on your rifle, you can still use your ironsights by pressing "cg_keyWeapMode", which is by default "X".
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Woot! Downloading now.
madsnark
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

uhhh
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

FXAA / AA enabled? Disable it.
Also I'm fixing some stuff, random scope transparency included.
madsnark
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Chameleon wrote:
FXAA / AA enabled? Disable it.
Already disabled.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Oh there's another thing like AA, it's depth of field. Or maybe too high resolution, so try upscaling Gfx/Weapons/ CrosshairA and CrosshairB

Also, what weap_scopeZoom you use?

EDIT: New build. Fixes rifle scope transparency, but not its crosshair blur - please disable graphics features.
Also be aware that some settings changed prefixes from v_ to hud_

what am i doing with my life
Spoiler:
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Alright, new release - 2016.05.19!
Weapon spread now should be correct (weapon visual lag + default spread). Rifle scopes should be parallax-free (aka 100% accurate). Also disable depth of field or scope will appear to be blurred.
Another feature is binoculars, useful for spotting. Equip grenades + right-mouse to zoom in. Change zoom value with v_binocsZoom. Try doing "/v_binocsZoom -1" for extra fun Territory Control matches.
Blood, if enabled, will stick to walls and colour them red-ish. Some other particles will do that too.
Thresh
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

For some reason the scope gets blurry when particles are switched to high, with aa disable and dof off.
173 posts Page 10 of 12
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”