No Leaf Clover - 2016.06.13 - custom OS build - no updates

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
166 posts Page 2 of 12 First unread post
Jigsaw
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Ive tested it out, and have to say very nice work.
I would suggest you to keep the default zoom, and modify the recoil & spread instead. The topenspadongs "gun-settings" are fitting very good imho because the default openspades settings are just way too much overpowered compared to AoS. Also add different recoil when jumping crouching/standing or walking just like in the good ol' aos client.
I Also really like the scope blur when shooting. :)
And please teach me c++. :P
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Here's a modification to the intels, checkpoints and team skins:
(Also, I fucking HATE the dumb crosshair for openspades so I made my own also given in the file.)
Fuck pics cause this aint an armory thread. Find out for yourself what the skins look like.
Attachments
Team skins.zip
(34.94 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Jigsaw wrote:
The topenspadongs "gun-settings" are fitting very good imho because the default openspades settings are just way too much overpowered compared to AoS. Also add different recoil when jumping crouching/standing or walking just like in the good ol' aos client.
I know what topenspadongs is. The question is, why do you think tpsd "gun-settings" are not overpowered? They allow you to change your aim FOV, allow to quickscope... They are more overpowered than OpenSpades, which as I understand is more overpowered than AoS. Right? I believe that TPSD>OS>AoS; while you imply OS>AoS>=TPSD. Can you please rephrase that?
P.S. I can't teach you C++, you gotta do it yourself. I would love to post here C# tutorials, but they're in Lithuanian, plus my University might get upset.

@bloodfox
Calm the FUCK down bloodfox :)
"PlayerA/", "PlayerB/", "IntelA", "IntelB"... These are exact file/folder names I've got myself.
Spoiler:
Random ideas:
*I should not limit the size of models, rather just scale them accordingly if they exceed limits (your Head.kv6 is just...no)
*Tent colour is different, but overall ColourVector3.GetLength() the same
*Use country flags for logos? Or Condor/Eagle from "A New Zero"...
*Re-do the tents so they don't obstruct view as much

I liked that one of the logos looked like swiss flag?. Will code in these skins and test them, but I believe they won't make it very far. Maybe I will throw in LOD system, so they can get more detailed.
Thank you for your work. If you have better ideas for logos rather than simple X or +, just create an image about 8x8 size, I don't need models.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Note=
Doing an 8x8 logo on an intel that is at an odd number fucking bothers me. Also, 8x8 doesn't give me much to work with. How the fuck did Ben aksoy do it.
So, for team A, I just did a nazi symbol.
Team B,
I did the US flag.
I also actually made a flag for the tent since you told me to "redo" the tent.
Attachments
CheckPoint&Intels.zip
(4.82 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Jigsaw
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I know what topenspadongs is. The question is, why do you think tpsd "gun-settings" are not overpowered? They allow you to change your aim FOV, allow to quickscope...
Define quickscope please, I don't feel a difference between the tspd and OS scoping / or tspd and AoS when cg_ZoomScaling is disabled.
Aim FOV should be locked like it already is in OS, I was just talking about recoil & spread. Sorry for my unclear describing.
LeCom

A small technical suggestion. I don't really know how exactly openspades handles the teams, but if it's hardcoded - like, having 2 different variables/objects for the teams - it's a good idea to put both teams into one single array. In VXW, I did that too, and, if PySnip wasn't such a hardcoded bitch, 3 or 4 or more teams would have been possible straightaway. Imagine: proper FFA, proper 4 teams mode, hunger games with a bro helping you, etc. And no script hax
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

@LeCom
I believe all players are in a single array. If I want to know a players team, I call "player->GetTeamID()" or something like that.
I could code FFA into that; not that sure about X teams, but might be possible (would require a bit more thinking than just disabling (other players on map+name on mouseover)). I would just need some way of communicating the game mode from server (maybe send a specific line, like "/disable mapPlayers" or "/gamemode ffa". Also, AoS 0.x would be disabled on such servers (I saw Animus(?) server "OpenSpades only" that put my AoS client into spectator).

@bloodfox
Don't bother anymore with models. Images are better. I can draw swastika myself, btw your swastika is wrong, either do it 100% correctly or don't. I don't like the cliche of nazis vs 'mericans; more like blue m.r. versus green m.r., with blue's symbol as some eagle and greens symbol as... something as cool as eagle? If you want to contribute, do 8x8 or 16x16 images. I only need green's symbol, I already did blue's eagle.
P.S. your sight image is not clean. Don't worry, I don't like default either.

@Jigsaw Ok, so I decrease smg spread and (when walking, standing, jumping) increase recoil, right? I don't like instant-toggle aim, not what I want - both ugly and (kind-of) promoting wrong side of gameplay.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

yeah like doing the swastika symbol on an 8x8 sheet diagonally is easy.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well if you can't draw it diagonally, draw it vertically/horizontally and if you can't even do that, please refrain from such things. It lacks the ends of arms plus it's going the wrong way...

On the other news, BnS has officialy come to insulting each other's swastikas Blue_BigSmile
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

You could do Falcon vs. Eagle if you wanted to keep it in the bird kingdom.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Chameleon wrote:
On the other news, BnS has officialy come to insulting each other's swastikas Blue_BigSmile
+1 R.I.P
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Sorry, said it before but...

Different Weapon Skins/Names for Different Teams?

Pls?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

he's doing it. But, if you want it, you need to make a symbol for each team in paint.net or whatever other software shit you use. otherwise, you're gonna have to wait :)
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well surprise surprise, teams can have their own names in vanilla! (I prefer chocolate, but whatever)

I will be working on all the stuff, but only when I get shit sorted out with OpenGl. Ofc I could publish shit, half-working (SW only) binaries for the interested, but I believe it would just damage already poor state of the game. I am planning to include in next release 2 different team skins, 2 different weapon/tool skins (1st/3rd pov) and maybe automatic* LOD system.
*models are scaled proportionately to their original size, so if you make 12x12x12 head, it'll have scale of 0.5 of the original one, so it's still 6x6x6 (so fuck size cheaters). Plus user control of the LOD aggressiveness.
LeCom

Could you fix the reload packet handler and make it actually listen to what the server says instead of doing stupid shit with the clip, please? I'm very annoyed by the shotgun instantly glitching. Also, the yellow block marker (the thing floating in the air all the time when holdung a block) is really shitty and confusing.
166 posts Page 2 of 12 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”