No Leaf Clover - 2016.06.13 - custom OS build - no updates

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
166 posts Page 8 of 12 First unread post
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Oh dude I will. Not sure about having exactly Mosin scope, but what I'll make will be a bit different from what we have (in mod section). A scope zoom effect would be nice, but that is a long way to go.
FoobyDude wrote:
Please and thank you
Please..? Hurts my eyes.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Chameleon wrote:
Oh dude I will. Not sure about having exactly Mosin scope, but what I'll make will be a bit different from what we have (in mod section). A scope zoom effect would be nice, but that is a long way to go.
FoobyDude wrote:
Please and thank you
Please..? Hurts my eyes.
Chameleon, long time no talk, but excellent work.

Also, this game is sweet in 21:9.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Quick picture to show perf etc:

(i5 4690k @ 4.2Ghz, 16GB Ram, GTX970) Mebbe needs some more optimisation, Cham :)
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Not sure if I can optimize OpenGL much, but maybe IceBall code would be worth a look...
I'm finishing up with that "Drunk cam + mouse inertia + weapon*mouse inertia + spread" thingy, what's left:
rifle scope,
onfigureable freeaim (smoothing etc.),
magazines fix,
moving parts fix,
2 types of hands,
tactical/dry reloads,
different sounds for rifle/smg tracers,
add menus to make new settings easy to access,
ask "deuces" for name change.
Then go to GitHub, add fixes to vanilla. And then, SW!

Oh, maybe temporarily add a drunk mode sometime too.
Spoiler:
"/booze 1"
blockColour = 200 200 100;
if (holding_Nade && input.mouseSecondary && blockColour == 200 200 100)
{
pants_Down();
action_Piss();
}

See, by using block colour, weapon you are holding and mouse input, it can be transferred over the net, so if you can gather some buddies to play this and enable "/booze 1", you can piss on each other. Also add waaaay more drunk cam and random movement so you have to "hold on to the floor".
Fucking genius.
Donald Trump
Deuced Up

koool
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Donald Trump wrote:
koool
This project would go faster if you would just give chameleon a small loan of a million dollars.
Donald Trump
Deuced Up

shizz never heard that one before.

hes muslim anyways so he shud be banned rite?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

I am sorry. Please don't read this. Don't. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, ok?
Spoiler:
Donald Trump wrote:
shizz never heard that one before.

hes muslim anyways so he shud be banned rite?
All you can do is talk shit. You piss me of not because of your far right ideology, but because you are so shit at it. Now stupid brainwashed multikulti cuck leftists point at you and talk shit about right wing. And this viewpoint is valid for both real Dolan Trump and this Deuce. Looking at real Dolan Trump is cringe overload, he is not as stupid as Bush, but still someone who can represent general American mass pretty well.

Now, if you can't positively commit to this thread and feel too much of an urge to shit on it, please leave.
To contribute in a more positive way:
Planned Awesomeness
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Chameleon wrote:
To contribute in a more positive way:
Planned Awesomeness
Oooooo, Me likey
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

dat scope lol. Can't wait for your next planned update. This next update will get me playing the game more. Especially for the fact of another menu for settings.
Also, when you mean "two types of arms", you mean two individual pieces for left and right to customize so ex: in Vanilla OS when you mod an arm piece, like put a watch on it, it's duplicated for the other arm.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

I am talking about two kinds of arm systems: arms like the ones in 3rd person, but moving separately and ones like in vanilla OS.

Also,
my laptop got toasted. Most probably issues not with HDD, which is kind-of good news. When I get my laptop back, I'll have a bit more intense week or two to catch up in uni, so don't think the next update is coming in this month. I believe I'll have most of the things done by the end of spring.
Just don't get too enthusiastic. Go play something else, play this game one or two times a week, don't waste time on something unfinished.
By the way, for DIY guys there's GitHub, if you want to live on "bleeding edge", you can; I'll also try to figure out a way to keep /Resources/ updated too.
Jigsaw
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

you can also add a feature what mirrors the gun viewmodel to the left side, like in counter strike (cl_righthand 0/1) would appreciate that because i got used to it for a while.
MushyMosaic
Deuced Up

Hey, is it just me or the spade, block, and grenades kinda makes my screen go black, anyone experiencing this?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Screenshot please? Can you get more detailed? Do you still see the HUD, can you reverse the effect by selecting weapon?

@Jigsaw: will add to to-do list.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Each team already has intel, tent, player and weapon/tool skins.
Team-exclusive sounds are limited to weapon/tool sounds.
Will not make other team-exclusive sounds unless you prove that there is a great need.
166 posts Page 8 of 12 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”