No Leaf Clover - 2016.06.13 - custom OS build - no updates

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
166 posts Page 6 of 12 First unread post
LeCom

Chameleon wrote:
LeCom wrote:
There are several other scripts that don't work properly because of the way OS handles packets.
Let's make a rule: the more specific you are about an issue, the faster I can find a solution :) You are specific enough about Kraken.
I will check Kraken (if it's still up) with 0.75. Or maybe it's time I started looking into server code, what's it supposed to send and what/how OS handles it. I know that OS is not 100% compatible with servers, I looked into netcode a bit, it's...
When the server sets your HP to 0, you die in OS, but not in AoS. A few scripts use the HP indicator as a signal. On laggy servers, it sometimes happens that when a player dies, the server sends a respawn packet first, and then a packet for the new position. On AoS this just makes dead players stand up for 1 ms until they teleport to their spawning position, but OS of course has to use some interpolating shit... It makes the players "fly" to their spawning position in OS, which not only is disturbing, but can also serve as a kind of ESP because you can track where the players fly to. Never mind about kraken itself, that's not related to this topic and I'm getting my shit together currently.
Chameleon wrote:
Icarus North wrote:
Lecom's correct on this end-- Reloading with the shotgun in Voxlap can sperg out the numbers sometimes.
So if I understand correctly, issues with ammo count are not limited to OS?
What he is talking about is probably more like a script-related issue that sets the stock amount to weird numbers. The clip behaves as it should in AoS.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

LeCom wrote:
When the server sets your HP to 0, you die in OS, but not in AoS.
So AoS has to get some "die" packet in order to die? So if someone shoots you to 0 HP, but you don't receive the "die" packet, your AoS doesn't think you died?... If that is true, what default behaviour is better - when you die at 0 HP or when you die after receiving "die" packet?
LeCom wrote:
A few scripts use the HP indicator as a signal.
Examples would be interesting, not necessary though.
LeCom wrote:
On laggy servers, it sometimes happens that when a player dies, the server sends a respawn packet first, and then a packet for the new position. On AoS this just makes dead players stand up for 1 ms until they teleport to their spawning position, but OS of course has to use some interpolating shit... It makes the players "fly" to their spawning position in OS...
I know this... To-do. I should do both: when respawning, make players invisible for 0.25 seconds and make some limit for interpolation stuff.
Donald Trump
Deuced Up

maybe inputting the freeaim and drunk cam is a bit early in development. maybe work out the kinks of SW before getting into drunk and freeaim???????
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well I believe it was necessary to both
a) balance out standstill 50% accuracy boost
b) make it easier to use ironsights. Methinks that peeking over the sights with freeaim is a piece of cake.

Freeaim "window" is very small compared to how some other games have it. Plus, freeaim takes some time to master = skills.
Drunk cam is obvious only if you start snapping your head around.

I will play around with these two features until they are smoothened out. But I can surely say they will stay here.

Also, for all other people who are not happy (muh mlg), see
" D I Y "

Also, since I failed hard my math exam, I'm going to be a bit busy for now... Though I am still working, slowly, on new release.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

bump. This needs to be at the top a lot. Whatcha adding in next, Chameleon?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Some stuff.

:D

You can see planned features and added features in 2nd post here.
LeCom

yellow text? Wtf. About the sentry AI, I once wrote a new AI gamemode for VXW where you have a castle that is protected by AIs and you have to break through self-repairing walls and steal the intel from its core. I called it Pygmy Fortress and negclected to make the fortress spawn on an unbreakable mountain and to put the intel into a cave far below the fortress, only accessible through a long staircase :P
But you get the idea. I think I still have it and I can change it for AoS or your mod in case you set up a server but end up in the vicious 0 player circle.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

I can't choose between starting with "Dude" and "Cool". I know your AI and pygmy fortress, not perfect, but good enough.

Once I finish this shit with exams... And I get some free time from studies...
I'll go and figure out how github works. I've got it installed.
Then push some small fixes to official OS github.
Then fix up netcode here and there. Push fixes to OS github and release.
Then... work on SW renderer. If you are willing to share part(s) of your VXW source code, then I will do it too with my code (if you help me to do renderer (SVO raycast/raytracing/Voxlap etc.), you will have all the pieces of finished renderer code inside your PM).
Then experimental protocol ==> figure out how to stop modded clients from connecting.
If I successfully stop modded clients from connecting, I will release most of the source code. Enough to make another game, but not enough to easily hack the system.
Then truly new protocols + dev team...?
madsnark
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Chameleon wrote:
* Fix CTRL V. You know who you are, I have mixed views about you.
Hi.
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Not sure if Hype or Hope

Either way, this looks/feels/sounds really promising.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

I've succeeded in my exams, so development will continue at similar speed.
Right now packing it up to give you something to play around with. It's definitely not polished. Install into different folder.
Just something to play around with, nothing too serious - already outdated
Errors: (fixed in future release)
*Crash because detail.jpg is missing (OpenGL)
*Crash after a map cycle
*Ability to spam huehuehue
Fixed some stuff like transparent blocks etc., added SMG fire modes (switch with "X", you can also enable burst fire with "/weap_"), some mouse inertia together with a bit revised drunk cam. Oh also fixed simple corpse orientation.
Also fixed bug when refilling at tent would give you a full fake magazine.

By the way, I see yvt is actually quite responsive on the github, so I'll have to commit some fixes there. Maybe add my source to github so I don't get left behind.
Last edited by Chameleon on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

If they aren't already, are the weapon scripts in this "project" (not really sure what to call it) compatible with current OS mods?

Would I be able to take something like your AKMS and use it with little/no adjustments?

Edit: found a crash bug: a missing "detail.jpg", fixed by making a blank .jpg named as such.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Weapon scripts are not compatible.
I made different class names - "ViewRifleSkinA" or "ViewRifleSkinB" instead of just "ViewRifleSkin". There are 4 names (in each file) that you have to replace to make the scripts kind-of work. Also for ThirdPerson.as scripts, there are new variables that you must implement (or you get error "Missing implementation of...."), for example "float ClientDistance" and "float SoundDistance".
If you want to use vanilla mods, just carefully merge files. Also, most reflex sights will not work.

Damn, I'll have to fix detail.jpg in the code, thanks for letting me know.
Last edited by Chameleon on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmsi
Mapper
Mapper

Really nice work.
I'll open 24/7 Server for this client when this project is finished :)
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

kmsi wrote:
Really nice work.
I'll open 24/7 Server for this client when this project is finished :)
Thank you, but there's still a long way to go.

There's always the possibility that:
it can take too long and community will die
I'll meet some issue too big for me
no one will like it

Let's face it, I did like VXW, LeCom definitely did something right. But it's server was empty. So I keep in mind that I might end up in a 'vicious 0 player circle'.
166 posts Page 6 of 12 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”