Sdl2.dll OpenSpades won't work!

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Dazzzo
Deuce

Hey, I recently downloaded OpenSpades (version 0.0.12b) and when I go to install it (by opening the .exe file), it always seems to come up with the same message "The SDL2.DLL is missing. Try reinstalling the program." I have tried reinstalling the program multiple times as well as downloading the older version (0.0.11), but I still can't seem to get OpenSpades to work.

Please help as I really want to play this!
Thanks

~ Dazzzo
rautyn
Deuce

Try downloading as adminstrator?
k1noman
Deuce

Same, I get it to work maybe ONCE after install, but second time I start OS? lolnope sdl2.dll turned into waldo :/
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

See if you can find the "sdl2.dll" file inside the /OpenSpades .012b/ folder (where the openspades.exe is).
If you can't, try extracting that file from the archive again.

Also since when do you need to install OS? It comes zipped, not as .exe, you only need to extract it. Just to be extra clear, you can't launch the game from archive, you MUST extract it while preserving default folder structure.
Dereck2
Deuce

Did you try to download missing file from http://fix4dll.com/msvcp110_dll directly?? It can help you to solve your error. My friend recommended me this source.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Careful with those things.
Could easily pack one hell of a virus.
LeCom

Chameleon wrote:
Careful with those things.
Could easily pack one hell of a virus.
Especially since it's a different DLL, not the one he wants.
This is the official SDL2 download page: http://libsdl.org/download-2.0.php
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

Basically what LeCom said.

Also, don't use PeaZip unless they fixed that weird-arse problem where the extractor would just outright IGNORE some files that were in the zip and pretend that they weren't even there.

Also old thread, but eh, might as well save the next person who comes along some pain, and this isn't an amazingly active forum these days.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”