Video - Ace of Spades vs OpenSpades

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
6 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
ButteryPie
Deuce

Hey, all.
So, I've been trying to break into videomaking and I've just made my second video. It's first in a series called "The Soapbox", where I just sort of speak my mind about games and why you should or shouldn't play them. This time around I've made it about OpenSpades!

The video itself is regrettably kind of vague about the situation, but I feel like if you've played both Ace of Spades and OpenSpades, it becomes a bit more relatable and understandable.
I would absolutely LOVE some feedback, as I'm always looking to improve the quality of my videos.
How was my voice? The editing? How was the (took me a few minutes in flash) intro? Was the video focused in what it was discussing? How organized was it? Etc., Etc...

So yeah, I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism. Thanks in advance!

Edit: How do I embed Youtube videos? That might be useful to know...
Last edited by ButteryPie on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Use the id: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp0jt1hqj4g so it is like this:
Code: Select all
[youtube]Fp0jt1hqj4g[/youtube]
There have been multiple videos comparing the two games(OpenSpades and AoS-1.0) but this is by far my favorite. Most of the other comparison videos are just showing off graphics and weapons and even then they don't have any commentary with them. You have an amazing voice and talked about the situation as a whole. The into was also pretty nice, not too long and not too short.
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

Amazing!
Begather
Deuce

ButteryPie wrote:
Hey, all.
So, I've been trying to break into videomaking and I've just made my second video. It's first in a series called "The Soapbox", where I just sort of speak my mind about games and why you should or shouldn't play them. This time around I've made it about OpenSpades!

The video itself is regrettably kind of vague about the situation, but I feel like if you've played both Ace of Spades and OpenSpades, it becomes a bit more relatable and understandable.

[youtube]Fp0jt1hqj4g[/youtube]

I would absolutely LOVE some feedback, as I'm always looking to improve the quality of my videos.
How was my voice? The editing? How was the (took me a few minutes in flash) intro? Was the video focused in what it was discussing? How organized was it? Etc., Etc...

So yeah, I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism. Thanks in advance!

Edit: How do I embed Youtube videos? That might be useful to know...
Where is the link to the video?
Chrisonixxx
Deuced Up

THIS WAS A WONDERFUL COMPARISON VID DUDE. Simply AMAZING! I honestly prefer OpenSpades over Ace of Spades too. Green_BigSmile
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Why haven't I seen this when Bns was still populated, a.k.a. alive.
Nevertheless it's probably the most accurate review of Openspades and Steam Aos I have seen in a while. Good job.
Can't complain about anything in the author's commentary.
6 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”