KV6 FILES WON'T LET ME USE SLAB6 AS DEFAULT PROGRAM!?

17 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
duck_norris
Modder
Modder

Ok so apparently I'm one of those modders who people really enjoy my mods. That's great, I'm glad you guys like them! That's why I put time into doing them every once in a while. But lately I've been having issues. kv6 files refuse to allow me to use slab6 as its default program. It's getting really frustrating, and I would really appreciate help from anyone who knows how to fix this. I'd also like to mention that I don't really know what's causing it, because when I go into it's properties, click browse, and set it's default opening program to slab6, there's no error or anything. It just doesn't select it. I don't know why. Anyway, I hope someone know's how to fix it, but at least for now I keep slab6 on my desktop and then just drag kv6 files over it and then it will open.
TheChief98
League Participant
League Participant

I remember that it happened on my old pc too, but i don't remember how i fixed it :/
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Put it in a folder, then have it open using slab6 but don't move it from that folder!
Mr.CS
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

jdrew wrote:
Put it in a folder, then have it open using slab6 but don't move it from that folder!
huh...
learn_more
Coder
Coder

Mr.CS wrote:
jdrew wrote:
huh...
captain obvious was trying to say don't move slab6 after you associated the files with it.
duck_norris
Modder
Modder

learn_more wrote:
Mr.CS wrote:
jdrew wrote:
huh...
captain obvious was trying to say don't move slab6 after you associated the files with it.
But I never moved Slab6. The files just decided to stop default opening with it. I can't figure out why.
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

Post what error you get exactly? Or a screenshot of the error...
Also what os are you on?
duck_norris
Modder
Modder

Kuma wrote:
Post what error you get exactly? Or a screenshot of the error...
Also what os are you on?
That's exactly it though... I didn't get an error. Just nothing happened.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

MAYBE SLAB6 DIDNT LIKE CAPSLOCK.

more serious, right click it, select 'open with...' --> 'select default program'
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

nb4 that doesn't work because its not in a folder but in a zip
duck_norris
Modder
Modder

learn_more wrote:
MAYBE SLAB6 DIDNT LIKE CAPSLOCK.

more serious, right click it, select 'open with...' --> 'select default program'
Ok, look, I already specifically said in my initial comment that doing that did not work. I'm not stupid, I know how to go into file properties and change the default program it opens with ok? I know you know a lot about this kinda stuff learn_more, but don't through around arrogant comments about how much us 'noobs' suck at it. And if that isn't by same chance what you've been implying in pretty much every comment of yours I've seen, well I don't know cause that's pretty much what it seems like...
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

Hmmm, Use command line to launch it?
like start slab6.exe rifle.kv6?
Commando_Ghost
Modder
Modder

This is just too much for me to comprehend :L I have no clue on how to fix it ;n;
learn_more
Coder
Coder

fine.

open regedit, HKCR and show what .kv6 is associated with.
duck_norris
Modder
Modder

learn_more wrote:
fine.

open regedit, HKCR and show what .kv6 is associated with.
So I got to regedit, but I have no idea how to work what I'm looking at...
17 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Help Discussions”