Lets burn the things.

504 posts Page 30 of 34 First unread post
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

ZEB 99 wrote:
i ment burn their flag and the bad ways the swastica was used
Then burn a bunch of photographies of the holocaust and porajmos instead... unless you meant it symbolically; i.e. that you wanted to free this holy symbol of what is associated with it... burn it away! o.O
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

ive heard that people near isreal keep denying it happened. why deny that the holocaust happened . makes no sience
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

VladVP wrote:
ZEB 99 wrote:
one thing everyone may agree on. Burn this [img]believeinreason.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Nazi-Flag.jpg[/img]
*GASP*
How dare you burn the swastika? It's a symbol for sun, life and good! Just because Hitler used it on his flag, doesn't mean that it's bad.
vlad you're a fucking idiot. the nazis used a right-facing swastika. and it was straight as fuck. and black. and with a fucking 45º inclination.
the symbol for all of that was the left-facing swastika.
say again how you spend quality time on wikipedia and you miss this.
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

Zekamalikyd wrote:
VladVP wrote:
ZEB 99 wrote:
one thing everyone may agree on. Burn this [img]believeinreason.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Nazi-Flag.jpg[/img]
*GASP*
How dare you burn the swastika? It's a symbol for sun, life and good! Just because Hitler used it on his flag, doesn't mean that it's bad.
vlad you're a fucking idiot. the nazis used a right-facing swastika. and it was straight as fuck. and black. and with a fucking 45º inclination.
the symbol for all of that was the left-facing swastika.
say again how you spend quality time on wikipedia and you miss this.
*facepalm*
How the fuck does mirroring and rotating a symbol 90 degrees change it's meaning at all? Would the meaning of a smiley face be changed at all if you did that to it? Or any other emoticon while we're at it?
Also, there are MANY variations of the swastika. The Indians use a version with dots inbetween the arms; the slavic pagans used a version with rounded edges and sometimes 7 arms depending on region. Swastikas with arms going further around the entire symbol than 'usually' have been used as ornaments in early byzantine churches for centuries.
All of these symbols are classified as swastikas. You can bend, flip, and rotate them as much as you please, but they would still be swastikas.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

VladVP wrote:
*facepalm*
How the fuck does mirroring and rotating a symbol 90 degrees change it's meaning at all? Would the meaning of a smiley face be changed at all if you did that to it? Or any other emoticon while we're at it?
Also, there are MANY variations of the swastika. The Indians use a version with dots inbetween the arms; the slavic pagans used a version with rounded edges and sometimes 7 arms depending on region. Swastikas with arms going further around the entire symbol than 'usually' have been used as ornaments in early byzantine churches for centuries.
All of these symbols are classified as swastikas. You can bend, flip, and rotate them as much as you please, but they would still be swastikas.
no one said they stopped being swastikas.
VladVP wrote:
How the fuck does mirroring and rotating a symbol 90 degrees change it's meaning at all?
>:) evil guy for some reason
(:< unibrow sad man
VladVP wrote:
Also, there are MANY variations of the swastika.
they don't all mean the same thing, mostly because hitler took one and made it 'bad'.
The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good" or "auspicious," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix. The swastika literally means "to be good".
In modern times, following a brief surge of popularity as a good luck symbol in Western culture, a swastika was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920, who used the swastika as a symbol of the Aryan race. After Adolf Hitler came to power in 1933, a right-facing 45° rotated swastika was incorporated into the Nazi party flag, which was made the state flag of Germany during Nazism. Hence, the swastika has become strongly associated with Nazism and related concepts such as antisemitism, hatred, violence, death, and murder in many countries, and is now largely stigmatized there due to the changed connotations of the symbol.
he wants to burn the one that represents the nazis. not any other. and what he means by burning the swastika, is burning nazis.
and rotating a swastika 90º will be the same thing.
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

Does that mean you agree? (Except for the emoticon thing; I see the second one as a retarded evil guy.)
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

VladVP wrote:
Does that mean you agree? (Except for the emoticon thing; I see the second one as a retarded evil guy.)
eh k fine whatevs
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

Bigcheecho
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

[RUS] Vlad01
League Participant
League Participant

Bigcheecho wrote:
FEG UPDATE V5
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

CHEECHO, FUG U. UPDATE V5
Peanut
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

DrDeuce wrote:
TB_ wrote:
DrDeuce wrote:
It's really stupid when somebody says 'burn the bible' 'burn the koran' or 'burn the atheist'. Come on guys, this isn't YouTube!
To be fair, religion has caused a lot of problems and many people aren't big fans of it.
I agree, but it's really because humans rather than the religion itself. For example, Jesus goes around saying 'Love each other, and if you dislike somebody, ignore them!' and yet Europeans went on a 200 year unprovoked crusade into the Islamic Empire. Why? Human greed, not the bible. They just used religion as a boost to start a war. Humans are generally like it. Being a little religious myself, I can say that 90% of religious people use it for hate purposes. Especially Christians (of which I am one). I amn't preachy, but unfortunately too many religious people are...

Blue_Pistol Green_Nothappy Blue_NotHappy Green_Pistol2
if that didnt happen we would all be muslim
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

Atomic Penut wrote:
what's wrong with being muslim?
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Zekamalikyd wrote:
Atomic Penut wrote:
what's wrong with being muslim?
Fundamentalist belief created as a tool of war by an Arab warlord that nowadays only serves to set us back. Even the moderate ones are fundamentalist by the standards of other religions. Even though I'd hate to live in a non-secular Christian State, it'd be much worse to live in a Muslim country.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

well if there were no religions, there would be no problems >_>
504 posts Page 30 of 34 First unread post
Return to “Forum Games”