What is Anti-Jerk?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Draemor
Deuce

I logged into Aloha rctf and the system had flagged me with it's anti-jerk system, rendering me muted. Green_Surprised2 I'm not entirely sure how this system works nor the consequences which it entails, nor do I know why I was flagged as I seldom talk and never cuss or use derogatory slurs. What I'd like to know is what the system flags, what it's supposed to do, how can I prevent it from happening in future and can I do anything to revoke this status?
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

What was your name when you got on?
Spring
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The system flags if you have a name that is identical to the name of one of our staff members who's elected to have their name protected by the anti-jerk system. It's supposed to prevent people from impersonating staff, as you can't talk in-game unless logged in if you're using a protected staff member's name. To prevent it from happening in the future, just use a different name. There's no need to revoke the status, as it only occurs when you join the server.

Like Reuben said, what was your name?
Sasquatch
Mapper
Mapper

I'd seen this script so many times listed in the config.txt and always thought it was some masturbatory suppressor.
Draemor
Deuce

Spring wrote:
Like Reuben said, what was your name?
Draemor, the same as it has been for years now and I'm sure it was working the other day.
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

This flag system sounds like the new youtube ID system. Partially flawed.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

it responds to jerk-comments. (like: alt+f4 for airstrike)
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

learn_more wrote:
it responds to jerk-comments. (like: alt+f4 for airstrike)
I would like a full-list of jerk words got tagged by the system.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Your name contains "aem", the name of an aloha mod, that might've triggered it. If so, it's a bit sensitive.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Sasquatch wrote:
I'd seen this script so many times listed in the config.txt and always thought it was some masturbatory suppressor.
I nominate this for being its actual function.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”