Version

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
KevinLancaster
Deuce

As we all know, the last officially released version before the Jagex takeover was 0.75. However, it had various issues and a 0.76 was in the works before they axed it. A few RCs were released before it was cancelled though, fixing some of the issues of 0.75. What I was wondering was once 1.0 is out and 0.75 support is completely cut off, will Build and Shoot continue to use it or perhaps move on to one of the 0.76 RCs? Also, what will happen with server hosting once the old master server is shut down by Jagex.

EDIT: How many 0.76 RCs are there anyways? I know that the last one was 10, but I don't think all the RCs from 1-10 were publicly released.

EDIT 2: What's up with the server list organization? If I try to sort by player slot it gives me servers with 9/32 players on the first page and then the actual full servers are a few pages over.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I personally think we should move onto 0.76. It has no hacks and it is funner to play on because of the bug fixes and stuff.
CommunistBlock
Deuce

HoboHob wrote:
I personally think we should move onto 0.76. It has no hacks and it is funner to play on because of the bug fixes and stuff.
People'll just update their mods and all of the hackers will be back.
Sponge
Deuced Up

CommunistBlock wrote:
HoboHob wrote:
They haven't seemed to do so so far.
USABxBOOYO
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

Sponge wrote:
CommunistBlock wrote:
HoboHob wrote:
I don't think enough people play 0.76 for hackers to bother updating the aimbots.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

USABxBOOYO wrote:
Sponge wrote:
CommunistBlock wrote:
I don't think enough people play 0.76 for hackers to bother updating the aimbots.
This. The majority of servers are 0.75, so that's what hacks are for. For a well written aimbot, unless the game code has significantly changed (which it shouldn't have, with such a minor version increment), the only real change that will be required is updating the memory offsets (basically, changing a few numbers).
StarDust
League Participant
League Participant

I think we should change to version 0.76.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

We are most likely going to have a master server for both 0.75 and 0.76. We will have a whitelist script set up which allows active registered members and only active registered members to play on those servers. We should be releasing the whitelist script soon
Afrodude
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Contrary to popular belief, there are indeed aimbots for .76 rc10
Cthulhu
Deuce

.76 would be favorable IMO. It is much more balanced.
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”