Windows 8 + Voxlap FPS fix

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
22 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Fluke
Deuced Up

I did everything that the OP said to, but I am still experiencing really crappy fps. I'm running Windows x64 on a gaming computer, so I know it's not because of crappy specs. Also, when I run the game at a 800x600 resolution it works fine, but as I increase that it gets worse and worse and worse until I'mat full screen where it is unplayable. Anyone know how to fix this or what might be causing it?

Also, sorry for necroposting, but I need help.
Revilos
Deuce

Thanks so much!
Fluke wrote:
I did everything that the OP said to, but I am still experiencing really crappy fps. I'm running Windows x64 on a gaming computer, so I know it's not because of crappy specs. Also, when I run the game at a 800x600 resolution it works fine, but as I increase that it gets worse and worse and worse until I'mat full screen where it is unplayable. Anyone know how to fix this or what might be causing it?

Also, sorry for necroposting, but I need help.
Make sure your directory in the code is correct. For me it was:
"C:\\Users\\Oliver\\AppData\\Roaming\\Build and Shoot\\Game Installations\\0.75\\client.exe"
In windows explorer, just type %appdata% and follow the folders to client.exe. Then copy the directory from the top bar, and put it into the reg file. And ensure there are two \'s instead of just one. Good luck!
DarkStick
Deuce

How can I make a .reg? I seriously can't find this anywhere, and tutorials I found on the internet we're total bullshit... Help?
Xpert658
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

DarkStick wrote:
How can I make a .reg? I seriously can't find this anywhere, and tutorials I found on the internet we're total bullshit... Help?
To make a .reg file, create a text file first.
Then, in the topmost bar in File Explorer, click View and check File Name Extensions.
After that, rename that text file (having copied the text already) to xyz.reg.
It should run... just tinker in the control panel if you can't see the file extensions.
MeepsterNotchy
Deuce

I'm on Windows 10 and always at 55-75 FPS and didn't need this.
Jigsaw
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

ULTRA necro

If you're using Win10 you should also use this fix because it bypasses forced vsync in fullscreen mode.
vsync adds a lot of input lag, making it impossible to aim reliably, therefore it's a muscle memory killer. It kinda feels like your mousemat is made out of soup, so you definitely wanna avoid it.

However, it doesn't seem to fix forced triple buffering, which means you'll still have a noticeable amount of latency, but it's not as bad as with vsync turned on, but it still sucks :(.
samuelddarden
Deuce

I had it on 800x600 by default, tried different resolutions and it didn't work.
22 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”