I don't get it.

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
68 posts Page 2 of 5 First unread post
QuaziMotorola
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Varg wrote:
Why is arena one of the most popular game modes? No matter if it's 0.75 or 0.76 it seems arena gets a lot of attention. I can't survive for more than one minute while playing arena. There is so little strategy involved in arena other than rush with a SMG. What's the appeal? Do people not like building forts or digging tunnels?
Actually, there is a lot of strategy if people work together and plan. It is just that the typical arena player rushes in random places spraying and praying.

Blue_Pistol Green_Surprised2
Venator
League Participant
League Participant

Please.
ToW mastergamemode.
Commando_Ghost
Modder
Modder

Venator wrote:
Please.
ToW mastergamemode.
I'd agree, but the tents seem to be a bit too close to eachother :(
MKU
Artist
Artist

What's arena?
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

You don't just blindly rush guys, that's stupid.

There is more strategy going on in Arena than in your average CTF match. You have one frickin life and you better not waste it.
Ninja_pig_pro
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Blue_Happy1
Last edited by Ninja_pig_pro on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

HoboHob wrote:

There is more strategy going on in Arena than in your average CTF match. You have one frickin life and you better not waste it.
Here here! I play arena for the realism factor of having only one life, I love ctf, babel, and all the other gamemodes too... but I dislike killing someone and having them respawn and come to where they just died and smg spam me to death.
Plus, arena takes a lot more skill. You need to memorize every path, you need to jump-shoot with the rifle like a maniac, and you need to do hard pushes on one side so you can get behind them... there is a lot of strategy behind it and even though it may attract a lot of CoD kids, this is about having fun and they get better as time progresses even if they do get massacred by the more skilled players. ;)
Fluttershy

HoboHob wrote:

Average ctf match being? If you mean the crappy tdm pinpoint shit then yeah arena probably has more strategy than that shooting gallery. But in a real ctf match, theres more strategy in defending the intel than the entirety of arena can ever hope for. Its simply impossible for a claustrophobic, static map to ever come close to the complexity of a well designed, dynamic map.
Major Darkstar
Deuced Up

TorchOF wrote:
HoboHob wrote:

Here here! I play arena for the realism factor of having only one life, I love ctf, babel, and all the other gamemodes too... but I dislike killing someone and having them respawn and come to where they just died and smg spam me to death.
Plus, arena takes a lot more skill. You need to memorize every path, you need to jump-shoot with the rifle like a maniac, and you need to do hard pushes on one side so you can get behind them... there is a lot of strategy behind it and even though it may attract a lot of CoD kids, this is about having fun and they get better as time progresses even if they do get massacred by the more skilled players. ;)
The AOS community called, they want their building game modes back.

If you want all of this, go to AssaultCube Reloaded or something. It's essentially AOS Arena with no construction.
ubduomk
Deuce

arena has been popular before call of duty. back when i played counter strike 1.6 there was a type of map that was arena style and extremely popular around 2001. I guess some people just like that mode, I don't.

game style come and go over time, there will be one day people don't want to play arena style anymore and a new style will emerge. playing CS1.6 over the years ('01-'07) I saw many maps/game styles come and go
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

It really is sad though, that arena and gimmick maps get the most attention. I watched a .21 video, and I teared up a bit... what ever happened to that teamwork, and actually being able to build something? What happened to there actually being a frontline of action? What happened to crazy maneuvers winning games? What happened to all of that? No matter how hard anyone tries, unless you round up 32 people yourself, the teamwork and building will be gone, even on classicgen, because honestly, all people do on there is run around and SMG spam.
Battlefire

Arkger wrote:
It really is sad though, that arena and gimmick maps get the most attention. I watched a .21 video, and I teared up a bit... what ever happened to that teamwork, and actually being able to build something? What happened to there actually being a frontline of action? What happened to crazy maneuvers winning games? What happened to all of that? No matter how hard anyone tries, unless you round up 32 people yourself, the teamwork and building will be gone, even on classicgen, because honestly, all people do on there is run around and SMG spam.
Dude I remember we made a trench and build bunkers up front.We used dig trenches toward their intel so we get cover. Now it's shitty CoD style running around in Arena or no stratagy or building bunkers or towers. Not even trenches. all I see is p***s being built.
Major Darkstar
Deuced Up

Battlefire wrote:
all I see is p***s being built.
What about Elvisaurus?

oh Babel...
Conduit

I don't have a problem with arena, infact I find it to be alot of fun, much like classic gen.
Let people play what they wanna play.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Arena is popular because it is fun,just as AoS is fun...
68 posts Page 2 of 5 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”