We have become what we hated the most

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
399 posts Page 25 of 27 First unread post
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

It all depends on how you play it. I've had some pretty tactical games on Hallway back in the day. Especially when the map's half-destroyed after it's been up a week, then you can have some fun.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
It all depends on how you play it. I've had some pretty tactical games on Hallway back in the day. Especially when the map's half-destroyed after it's been up a week, then you can have some fun.
I have to agree with you on that one, but the mindset of the current AoS player on those servers aren't even to run objective, or to try to help the team. Typically, they will:

1. Camp like hell
2. Run down the middle and die to campers
3. Dig holes and go camp

Now that i think about it, mindset has alot to do with how these maps are played. God forbid these kind of players play on Goon Assault...

but anywhoosies, the main idea of my large paragraph is how the main community, the actual players in the game, are only there because something is stopping them from playing CS, COD, etc.
As soon as they can, they will leave AoS. Not that this is a bad thing by any means (SAYONARA), I just think it would be better to accomodate people who will actually stick around, and bring out the best of AoS's unique features, not saying we should eradicate these servers or anything, just that we should try to get as many of the unique servers back out there, and hopefully they will attract the right kinds of people that I was mentioning.

Now, all I am doing at this point is talking, but I will actually make a post about this on Aloha, see whats going on with minit, and potentially contact the private small servers, to see if they will allow for more unique gamemodes, like Infiltration, Push, ToW and whatnot, instead of all of them hosting the same exact types of servers.

Wish me luck I guess.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I'm still pissed that Jdrew made poetry look bad. And then made crap up about poetry.

Oh and on topic,
Arkger, your vision of Ace of Spades is your own. You don't have the authority to tell people what they deserve to play and how they should play it, as they truly can do what they want.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

Vezok wrote:
I'm still pissed that Jdrew made poetry look bad. And then made crap up about poetry.

Oh and on topic,
Arkger, your vision of Ace of Spades is your own. You don't have the authority to tell people what they deserve to play and how they should play it, as they truly can do what they want.
I covered that a bit back, I was being condescending to jdrew, as apparently you run n gun in Planetside 2.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Arkger wrote:
Vezok wrote:

Oh and on topic,
I covered that a bit back, I was being condescending to jdrew, as apparently you run n gun in Planetside 2.
Run and gun in PS2 doesn't work near as well as you'd think. You need to use squad and breach tactics to be effective. Or you be like me and use cloak with an SMG for epic sneak attacks.

Being condescending to Jdrew is pretty much the only reason why I like you. Tis an honest mistake.

I do admit that I tend to think in a similar manner to you on your main points, but ultimately my better judgment comes into play and I believe that people can do what they choose, even if it means playing a notoriously not-AoS gamemode.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

Vezok wrote:
Arkger wrote:
Vezok wrote:

Oh and on topic,
Run and gun in PS2 doesn't work near as well as you'd think. You need to use squad and breach tactics to be effective. Or you be like me and use cloak with an SMG for epic sneak attacks.

Being condescending to Jdrew is pretty much the only reason why I like you. Tis an honest mistake.

I do admit that I tend to think in a similar manner to you on your main points, but ultimately my better judgment comes into play and I believe that people can do what they choose, even if it means playing a notoriously not-AoS gamemode.
I'm touched.
And I don't care what people do, I just want there to be more of what makes AoS unique on the serverlist, like ToW, and Normandie etc., to show off what AoS has, that most other FPSes don't, that way when people come here, people who have games that do what AoS's gimmicks and Arena way better, they will stick around because they played something they haven't played before.

And yeah, Running n Gunning in PS2 has got to be one of the stupidest things I have heard, ever.
TheGreatestDest
Deuced Up

Arkger wrote:
I have to agree with you on that one, but the mindset of the current AoS player on those servers aren't even to run objective, or to try to help the team. Typically, they will:

1. Camp like hell
2. Run down the middle and die to campers
3. Dig holes and go camp
4. SMG spam
5. Spawn rape
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Maps like Hallway, Pinpoint and Goonassault can actually be very fun maps (at least in my opinion) if you don't focus mainly on killing, but also on building. I remember when Minit's Assault server used to be up and me and some other players would build this big wall with towers and holes to shoot from. Sometimes I would also build an Intel tower with many arches and pillars. Then I would spam blocks around it to make it harder to walk over. But yeah, if you only focus on your K/D and spawnkilling the other team as much as possible it's boring.
Major Darkstar
Deuced Up

^The best tactics I've seen on Hallway were digging trenches through the top to get to the other side. That's about it though.
Revolet
Deuced Up

BallisticTactix wrote:
Maps like Hallway, Pinpoint and Goonassault can actually be very fun maps (at least in my opinion) if you don't focus mainly on killing, but also on building. I remember when Minit's Assault server used to be up and me and some other players would build this big wall with towers and holes to shoot from. Sometimes I would also build an Intel tower with many arches and pillars. Then I would spam blocks around it to make it harder to walk over. But yeah, if you only focus on your K/D and spawnkilling the other team as much as possible it's boring.
I actually agree that these maps can work as building maps, especially hallway. Although they have been used over and over in numerous servers, they can somewhat motivate people to actually build(especially flat maps). Hell, I remember building on pinpoint multiple times when killing people got boring.
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Revolet wrote:
BallisticTactix wrote:
I actually agree that these maps can work as building maps, especially hallway. Although they have been used over and over in numerous servers, they can somewhat motivate people to actually build(especially flat maps). Hell, I remember building on pinpoint multiple times when killing people got boring.
killing people gets boring really fast on pinpoint imo
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

Revolet wrote:
BallisticTactix wrote:
You can build just as easy on other maps. Building is essential on classigen, and for TC gamemodes Bunkers are needed as well. TBH I can hardly build, because either some asshole will break it, or it gets shot up because of SMGs.
Battlefire
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Arkger wrote:
Revolet wrote:
BallisticTactix wrote:
You can build just as easy on other maps. Building is essential on classigen, and for TC gamemodes Bunkers are needed as well. TBH I can hardly build, because either some asshole will break it, or it gets shot up because of SMGs.
I remember I was building a bunker. I left it and when I can back it was destroyed.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

Oh god this thread of arguments has seemed to slow down. Not sure if that's good...
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

quit necroing
399 posts Page 25 of 27 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”