We have become what we hated the most

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
399 posts Page 3 of 27 First unread post
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Babel's alright. It's just the flat maps + hallway maps that need to die a fiery death.
Oh, and arena can rot in hell as well.
Battlefire
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

It's not that I hate it is just every time I play one people don't go for the Intel or they just don't know how to build simple and good stairs.

Yes also the flat maps need to go. So does the hallway map. That map is pissing me off right now.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

TheVetNoob wrote:
TB_ wrote:
I was kind of hoping iceball would save us all, but it doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves.
I've stayed away from Iceball because I have very little computer experience and the simple process of starting the game seems beyond my abilities. Plus my laptop is awful and I'm not sure how well the game would run.

The idiot filter isn't there anymore. It's easy now.
Sennar
League Participant
League Participant

Will wrote:
Is anyone willing to host a 0.76 server constantly running classicgen on CTF or ToW 24/7?
FF will soon do that.
Last edited by Sennar on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kid Gohan
League Participant
League Participant

Sennar wrote:
[quote="Will]Is anyone willing to host a 0.76 server constantly running classicgen on CTF or ToW 24/7?
FF will soon do that.[/quote][/quote]
Woo, glad to hear go FF <3
TheVetNoob

TB_ wrote:
TheVetNoob wrote:
TB_ wrote:
I was kind of hoping iceball would save us all, but it doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves.
I've stayed away from Iceball because I have very little computer experience and the simple process of starting the game seems beyond my abilities. Plus my laptop is awful and I'm not sure how well the game would run.

The idiot filter isn't there anymore. It's easy now.
Awesome! I can tard up Iceball servers now, too!

Never mind, I'm still an idiot.
Epicnice TSB
Post Demon
Post Demon

Articsledder wrote:
Now this would be interesting, possibly a "server of the week" or something?
Great Idea, we could feature a server.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I featured storm wind a few weeks ago but since there are no good servers it is hard to find a good one
extra

Sennar wrote:
Will wrote:
Is anyone willing to host a 0.76 server constantly running classicgen on CTF or ToW 24/7?
FF will soon do that.
Do it! Blue_BigSmile
shaz

What I'll probably do is convert the @Sw 0.76 server into a more classic AoS type server. It's currently not very populated as it is anyway.

Maps in the rotation can completely be chosen by the community and perhaps map voting (or just classic gen 24/7) with rifle only (if demanded) and main maps to be those where building and tunnelling can be the focus. Of course active staff so things run smoothly.
zovc
Deuced Up

Articsledder wrote:
jdrew wrote:
What do you propose we do?
ban arena mode and flat maps
I disagree. you are a selfish jerk. You hate arena, I don't. You don't think of the people who do like arena but aren't on it cause its underpopulated. I like flat maps, good long range sniping and the essential of building. I really hate people like you who just hate a gamemode and hate it so much they want aos to ban it. well boo hoo! I have read that and thought many more harsh words that I wont say cause there probably is little kids that might read it. the last thing I want to do is start swearing and get some 10 yr olds swearing at their friends

you guys hate arena and babel, why? aos has updated while not updating. Any day someone can make a new gamemode that could be a combo of babel, ctf, arena, tow, ect.(it would take more then a day maybe, 5 years for me)
but instead of thinking of your self and wanting them gone, think more of others and respect that some people like certain gamemodes. if your so dammed addicted to ctf, PLAY CTF
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

zovc wrote:
Articsledder wrote:
jdrew wrote:
What do you propose we do?
ban arena mode and flat maps
I disagree. you are a selfish jerk. You hate arena, I don't. You don't think of the people who do like arena but aren't on it cause its underpopulated. I like flat maps, good long range sniping and the essential of building. I really hate people like you who just hate a gamemode and hate it so much they want aos to ban it. well boo hoo! I have read that and thought many more harsh words that I wont say cause there probably is little kids that might read it. the last thing I want to do is start swearing and get some 10 yr olds swearing at their friends

you guys hate arena and babel, why? aos has updated while not updating. Any day someone can make a new gamemode that could be a combo of babel, ctf, arena, tow, ect.(it would take more then a day maybe, 5 years for me)
but instead of thinking of your self and wanting them gone, think more of others and respect that some people like certain gamemodes. if your so dammed addicted to ctf, PLAY CTF
I think he wasn't entirely serious with that. That's a good mindset though, "I disagree, you're a jerk".

Arena is pretty much what every other FPS game is, and it disables some of the things that makes AoS unique, like building and destroying. And CTF is usually empty or being played as TDM.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Flat maps made the game a lot worse.
Basically, If there are two servers up, one has pinpoint and the other classicgen, people are going to choose pinpoint because it's playable with only a few players on.

This will slowly cause 90% of the full servers to just be shitty small maps for people with short attention-spam. And competing with them using classicgen is tough.

I was kind of hoping Intellimode would change that, but it doesn't seem to have catched on.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

zovc wrote:
I disagree. you are a selfish jerk.
pot

kettle

black
zovc wrote:
You hate arena, I don't.
You hate aimbotters, I don't. (Not true, I'm just pointing out your fallacy, and arena is killing this game by turning it into something that it's not meant to be.)
zovc wrote:
You don't think of the people who do like arena but aren't on it cause its underpopulated.
We do. We think of them as parasites who are ruining this game. Tem br.
zovc wrote:
I like flat maps, good long range sniping and the essential of building.
Aside from the flat maps bit, you'll enjoy classicgen. Oh wait, that's not arena. Oh wait, that means you can't build.

Or do you mean "the essentials of having buildings around already made for you"?
zovc wrote:
I really hate people like you who just hate a gamemode and hate it so much they want aos to ban it. well boo hoo
zovc wrote:
I have read that and thought many more harsh words that I wont say cause there probably is little kids that might read it. the last thing I want to do is start swearing and get some 10 yr olds swearing at their friends
One day while Andy was masturbating, Woody got wood. He could no longer help himself!

(We don't want little kiddies screaming "NO KILL" all the fucking time. As a server admin, I hate those two words.)
zovc wrote:
you guys hate arena and babel, why?
Arena because it is almost the polar opposite of AoS. Not even Jagex made that big of a fuckup.

Someone explained the hate for Babel somewhere else. It's not a bad mode, except for when you pair it up with complete fuckwits. Or something like that.
zovc wrote:
aos has updated while not updating. Any day someone can make a new gamemode that could be a combo of babel, ctf, arena, tow, ect.(it would take more then a day maybe, 5 years for me)
zovc wrote:
but instead of thinking of your self and wanting them gone, think more of others and respect that some people like certain gamemodes.
Yeah, like those who want to aimbot all the time. (What I'm saying is you can't pander to everyone.)
zovc wrote:
if you're so dammed addicted to ctf, PLAY CTF
I do, actually.

----

Seriously, make your own fucking game actually I'm sick of this fucking game I'm deleting my account.

EDIT: I can't seem to delete my account. Oh well. I've changed the password to something I'll hopefully forget.
shaz

aos://1932730546:31773 -@Sw Stormwind Classicgen 24/7
- Classicgen 24/7
- Rifleonly.py
399 posts Page 3 of 27 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”