Next week the moderators look at badge nominations

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
26 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

We started the badges project several months ago, added a handful of people and didnt create a clear path for nominated individuals to receive a badge.

So, the moderators are going to have a monthly review of nominated individuals, only individuals with two or nominations not including themselves, will be considered. Just because you have two nominations doesn't mean you get the badge. We would like to give badges not only for artist/technical ability but also for mentorship, sharing your knowledge providing criticism and advice.

The nominations links:

Artist
Coder
Server Hoster
Mapper
Modder
Organizer
Scripter
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

From the Organiser Nominations thread:
Defaulter wrote:
Imho there should just be a badge for all decent clan leaders. Leaders of USAB/Komrades/LDR/Evil RoT folk/ and many others have all at least a couple of times shown great initiative and organizational skills. Although if you were to push me I'd have to say Kodiak stood out the most. For accomplishing much more then so many others and is so shorter a space of time.
This is a good idea. "Clan Veteran" I guess?
In which case I would nominate the leaders of these clans:
  • <@> (yeah OK, there's no specific leader so that'd be hard to dish out. I wonder if Tank should get it for being our most prominent bouncer?)
  • RoT (AFAIK doesn't have an in-game presence anymore but still exists)
  • Komrades (why is this clan still alive? It's a miracle. But yep, they still play AoS.)
  • USAB (no longer has an AoS presence but AFAIK stil exists)
  • LDR (ditto, although some of their guys still play AoS)
  • FF (I really don't know how old this clan is, but it's very much current.)
  • SPQR
  • The Bastion (also happened to be the [HK] leader but that clan dissolved a little bit early... still, managed to be quite decent for the month it was alive. Clan no longer exists due to the clan scene going bland.)
  • LINES? It's one of the most recent clans worth giving a shit about, but it consists mostly of what you MIGHT refer to as veterans (I think)...
I've probably missed some off, too - I'm not sure how notable e.g. EX, Enclave, BiA, C.H were.
>aP<Eddy
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

GreaseMonkey wrote:
Defaulter wrote:
Imho there should just be a badge for all decent clan leaders. Leaders of USAB/Komrades/LDR/Evil RoT folk/ and many others have all at least a couple of times shown great initiative and organizational skills. Although if you were to push me I'd have to say Kodiak stood out the most. For accomplishing much more then so many others and is so shorter a space of time.
  • <@> (yeah OK, there's no specific leader so that'd be hard to dish out. I wonder if Tank should get it for being our most prominent bouncer?)
  • Komrades (why is this clan still alive? It's a miracle. But yep, they still play AoS.)
  • SPQR
  • The Bastion (also happened to be the [HK] leader but that clan dissolved a little bit early... still, managed to be quite decent for the month it was alive. Clan no longer exists due to the clan scene going bland.)
  • LINES? It's one of the most recent clans worth giving a shit about, but it consists mostly of what you MIGHT refer to as veterans (I think)...
I've probably missed some off, too - I'm not sure how notable e.g. EX, Enclave, BiA, C.H were.
You are kidding right? >aP< Has been around since WWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY before jagex took over, we didn't have any forums, or topics, but we were still here. We around since [DEATH] and [GHOST]. I really think you should take a deeper look. I am surprised no one remembers us, we had like 20 people. Either you haven't been around that long, or you never went at the servers we went to.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

SPQR had 40 in December..
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

>aP<Eddy wrote:
You are kidding right? >aP< Has been around since WWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY before jagex took over, we didn't have any forums, or topics, but we were still here. We around since [DEATH] and [GHOST]. I really think you should take a deeper look. I am surprised no one remembers us, we had like 20 people. Either you haven't been around that long, or you never went at the servers we went to.
Not to be rude, but I've been around since April 2011, can't say I ever heard of AP till recently.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

>aP<Eddy wrote:
GreaseMonkey wrote:
Defaulter wrote:
  • SPQR
Who?
Roulette
League Participant
League Participant

Just to be clear, FF was started in late 2011. TSB/Saw should be up there also.
Eddy pls
>aP<Eddy
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Roulette wrote:
Just to be clear, FF was started in late 2011. TSB/Saw should be up there also.
Eddy pls
Alright, just because >aP< was not that much out there, since recently doesn't mean they weren't there. Ask some people that have been with aos for a long long time. Such as Bobcat, or Bengie, they were both in NoS which was allied with >aP< way before the fall. (No I am not just listing them cause they are now in my clan)
>aP<Eddy
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Btw I have no idea why I am not a veteran, I joined bns late, but I was in aos for a while.
EldredChandler

>aP<Eddy wrote:
Alright, just because >aP< was not that much out there, since recently doesn't mean they weren't there. Ask some people that have been with aos for a long long time. Such as Bobcat, or Bengie, they were both in NoS which was allied with >aP< way before the fall. (No I am not just listing them cause they are now in my clan)
I think Grease named those ones because they all have had a large impact on the community.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I have never herd of "bobcat" or "bengie". I do know that the veteran badge is something you can add yourself since it is available to everyone. But just because you have been playing for a long time does not make you a veteran.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

>aP<Eddy wrote:
Btw I have no idea why I am not a veteran, I joined bns late, but I was in aos for a while.
you are not a veteran because your clan is too new.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

"Way before Jagex took over"

Do you mean 0.60 and earlier? Because 0.61 was the first version with them pulling the strings.

And yeah, who the fuck is >aP<? Furthermore, who the fuck is [DEATH] and [GHOST]?

And this isn't fucking MSN. Can an admin please remove the coloured + bolded formatting?

I've been around since I think May 2011, and was in the second clan match ever.

-----

I'm suprised I forgot to add TSB. Saw does ring a bell but I don't remember if they had much of an influence. Although now that I think of it, maybe DaR/zZz (no, not the shit Linkters did which was just trying to hijack Nestoflo's success, but the old name for zZz) should be up there too.

Perhaps INV/SCAR and BiA should be up there, too? I mean, sure, those clans kinda sucked, but they were pretty successful.

Did I seriously forget Animus?

I don't know if :4Q: should be up there, but I can confirm that they're old as fuck.

-----

But really Eddy, what version did you start playing on?
Moose
Coder
Coder

Yes nominate me already for Coder's badge I made Royal Spades and AoStats

ok Greasemonkey nominated me ;)
>aP<Eddy
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

GreaseMonkey wrote:
"Way before Jagex took over"

Do you mean 0.60 and earlier? Because 0.61 was the first version with them pulling the strings.

And yeah, who the fuck is >aP<? Furthermore, who the fuck is [DEATH] and [GHOST]?

And this isn't fucking MSN. Can an admin please remove the coloured + bolded formatting?

I've been around since I think May 2011, and was in the second clan match ever.

-----

I'm suprised I forgot to add TSB. Saw does ring a bell but I don't remember if they had much of an influence. Although now that I think of it, maybe DaR/zZz (no, not the shit Linkters did which was just trying to hijack Nestoflo's success, but the old name for zZz) should be up there too.

Perhaps INV/SCAR and BiA should be up there, too? I mean, sure, those clans kinda sucked, but they were pretty successful.

Did I seriously forget Animus?

I don't know if :4Q: should be up there, but I can confirm that they're old as fuck.

-----

But really Eddy, what version did you start playing on?
I don't remember what version I started playing on, but It was a few years ago. >aP< is was not widely because they only played on one server, the other clans I listed only played on that server too. The server host had a bunch of other servers too, I forget their names but they always had at least 15 to 20 people on them, usually 28. My friend, who was a minit admin introduced to aos.
26 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”