Can you run 0.76?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
12 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post

Can you run 0.76

86%
Yes quite well
14%
Yes but low FPS etc make it very hard to play
No votes
No not at all

Total votes: 21

Defaulter
Organizer
Organizer

Just doing a quick bit of info gathering, last time I checked a lot of people couldn't run it for various reasons.
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

Grease said he is making Iceball pysnip compatible. Switching people to iceball+0.75 servers should be our first to priority. Then we can use any other iceball-compatible server with ease. Once he finishes, the 0.76 client will be irrelevant.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Sonarpulse wrote:
Grease said he is making Iceball pysnip compatible. Switching people to iceball+0.75 servers should be our first to priority. Then we can use any other iceball-compatible server with ease. Once he finishes, the 0.76 client will be irrelevant.
whoa, link?
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

PROOF: https://github.com/iamgreaser/pysnip/co ... 6a737d6b4f
Original post: http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic. ... 164#p43294

Caveat: it looks like he is targeting 0.76 at the moment, which still gives us the same chicken and egg of people waiting 0.76/iceball to popular before the switch, and neither becoming popular until people DO switch. HOWEVER: supporting any 0.* version will make supporting the others TRIVIAL.
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

I can run it ok, aside from the occasional FPS drop I randomly get.
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Sonarpulse wrote:
PROOF: https://github.com/iamgreaser/pysnip/co ... 6a737d6b4f
Original post: http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic. ... 164#p43294

Caveat: it looks like he is targeting 0.76 at the moment, which still gives us the same chicken and egg of people waiting 0.76/iceball to popular before the switch, and neither becoming popular until people DO switch. HOWEVER: supporting any 0.* version will make supporting the others TRIVIAL.

IMO, Iceball should be optimized to run on weaker PCs with at least 30 FPS without the need to change the fog distance before stuff like that happens.
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

'Tis the rare computer where iceball with OpenGL will run poorly. If anybody personally has issues, fine, they can speak up. But for the vast majority of people this will not be an issue.
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Sonarpulse wrote:
'Tis the rare computer where iceball with OpenGL will run poorly. If anybody personally has issues, fine, they can speak up. But for the vast majority of people this will not be an issue.

Didn't notice the no SSE thing till nao so ignore my previous post.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

It's laggy and movement is delayed - I cannot play it at all.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Demo123 wrote:
IMO, Iceball should be optimized to run on weaker PCs with at least 30 FPS without the need to change the fog distance before stuff like that happens.
I am not optimising for your fucking netbook. That GPU (Intel GMA 3150) is fucking awful.
rakiru wrote:
It's laggy and movement is delayed - I cannot play it at all.
I guess I better keep chipping away at Iceball support for pysnip, then.

(edit: 600th post. But I don't want the post whore badge, thanks.)
Last edited by GreaseMonkey on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

GreaseMonkey wrote:
Demo123 wrote:
I am not optimising for your fucking netbook. That GPU (Intel GMA 3150) is fucking awful.

I'm not using a netbook and I don't have an Intel, I have an ATI Radeon 9250(which is probably worse).
Xtra

0.76 runs fine for me. Nothing wrong with it.
12 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”