Do not post about people hacking on this forum.
We know that people hack. You're not telling us anything new. You're just cluttering up the forums with the same thread over and over again.
If someone is hacking on a specific server, use /admin to inform the admins, and if that fails, contact the admins of your server (listed in alphabetical order):
(IRC is the preferred way to get in touch with the admins, just DO NOT USE THE SLAP COMMAND. EVER. You have been warned.)
IRC: #aloha @ irc.quakenet.org
Give the following details to the server admins - do NOT ask to ask, do NOT just say "someone's hacking", give ALL the details straight off the bat:
- Name of person who might be hacking
- Player number of said person (press TAB to obtain it) - there is a BUG in Ace of Spades where a player may have the wrong name, so the player number IS important.
- Exactly what hack you think they're doing. "Getting lots of kills" is not a hack - it might be caused by a hack, but it's probably caused by a comination of your enemy being good and your team being stupid enough to make a beeline for one specific spot.
- Is it happening right now, or did it happen x minutes ago? (Not really necessary if you're doing it in-game using the /admin command)
- Never scream "HACKER". Not only do the admins have no idea what or who the hell you are talking about, but you also risk them turning their hacks off temporarily.
- Use /admin to tell the admins first. Then, actually time a minute with the clock before you consider votekicking.
- If the admins say they're not hacking, they're not hacking, even if they actually are. If you're still concerned, go into spectator mode, use a first person spectate tool (e.g. you can run ovl075 IN THE COMMANDLINE), and grab a video.
- aimbot (the #1 way to reliably detect this is to watch them first-person using ovl075/esp075/topovl)
- ESP (if you suspect someone of doing this, use the /admin command to tell an admin - this is quite tricky to detect)
- extended range block/spade (do NOT report this, it doesn't actually work)
- infinite ammo (do NOT report this, it doesn't actually work)
- infinite grenades (do NOT report this, it doesn't actually work)
- multibullet (admins usually deal to this one when it shows up)
- no-recoil (do NOT report this, leave it to an admin)
- rapidfire (do NOT report this, as actual rapidfire looks like multibullet)
- rapidblock (make sure they're not simply doing click-drag building)
- speedhack (do NOT report this, it doesn't actually work)
- Getting killed in one shot - the problem is they have a rifle, and you have an SMG. Get a rifle, and aim for the head. (This might still be due to multibullet, but it's best to leave the admins to deal with that - if you suspect someone of doing it, tell the admins using the /admin command)
- Getting shot through a block - This Is Due To Lag. Also partially due to slight aesthetical desynchronisation. This may even be the fault of YOUR end. End. Of. Discussion.
- Grenades falling from the sky - this is called an airstrike, and is a server feature.
- Grenades randomly appearing and exploding around you - this is called a dangerzone, and is a server feature.
- "Health hack" - Doesn't exist. I'm not explaining why, because if you call this out, you're probably not very smart at all, and won't understand the reason. It. Does. Not. Exist.
- People appearing and disappearing ("snapping") - This is due to inconsistent pings. If it's only one person doing this... just imagine what it would be like for them when EVERYONE is doing it.
- People spawning next to someone on their team - This is usually due to some moron enabling the squad script. It's a server feature. Just a really awful one that nobody should ever turn on.
- Someone not dying when you shoot them in the head 4 times - I don't know what causes this but it's probably packet loss. If you can't kill them, they might be in god mode, which is a server feature and not a hack - in that case it will probably tell you.
- Teamkilling - there's 3 teamkilling modes: Off, On, and On Grief. "On Grief" allows you to get teamkilled when you're breaking blocks. Some servers even let you use the spade to TK someone, which in my eyes is possibly the worst bug AoS has ever had.
If you want your server listed here, PM me or casually mention it on IRC ( #buildandshoot @ irc.quakenet.org ).
[ Mods: Please lock + sticky this thread and delete any trailing posts. Feel free to add more info where necessary. Thanks! ]