Coder Nomination Thread

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
46 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

Click here for the list of all those that have received the badge.

Coder badges are rewarded to members that make utilities to improve the Ace of Spades experience

If you think someone else needs to be on that list nominate them below.
CraftDinur
Deuced Up

GreaseMonkey for ovl075. Iceball is a code project too but it doesn't really relate to AoS other than being a sort of clone. topo for topovl too. rakiru suggested SonarPulse probably for his work on the Voxlap port and Iceball and I think matpow2 deserves one for AoS OpenGL and Subversive Takedown even though that's also not really AoS related.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

CraftDinur wrote:
GreaseMonkey for ovl075. Iceball is a code project too but it doesn't really relate to AoS other than being a sort of clone. topo for topovl too. rakiru suggested SonarPulse probably for his work on the Voxlap port and Iceball and I think matpow2 deserves one for AoS OpenGL and Subversive Takedown even though that's also not really AoS related.
These would be my suggestions too. Possibly a couple others for the Voxlap project, but I don't know enough about that to properly comment.

I think UnrealIncident should get the coder badge too, as he's helped a great deal with VoxelAuth, and hopefully will continue to, as well as giving me some information on the workings of AoS over the past few months.
CraftDinur
Deuced Up

Somehow forgot learn_more for Modloader. He definitely deserves one as well.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

CraftDinur wrote:
Somehow forgot learn_more for Modloader. He definitely deserves one as well.
Ah yes, I felt like someone was missing.
Skynet
Modder
Modder

rakiru wrote:
But he is one of the main problems .75 has so many problems with hacking
I think that it just evens out the positive and negative contribution to the community
Last edited by Skynet on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Well if SonarPulse is nominated (which he should be) I feel Cajun and VladVP should be nominated for helping him with his voxlap port.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

v^3 wrote:
rakiru wrote:
But he is one of the main problems .75 has so many problems with hacking
I think that it just evens out the positive and negative contribution to the community
I'm not sure how much of the public hack code is his, but surely that's still coding for the game anyway? ;P
Skynet
Modder
Modder

rakiru wrote:
I'm not sure how much of the public hack code is his, but surely that's still coding for the game anyway? ;P
I'm not sure if Build and Shoot should give rewards for negative contribution. You know how the saying goes - reward good behavior, In this context the time and effort learn_more spent into making the hack is great and in this circumstance I'd be able to look past the making of the hack because it does no harm. As soon as you publicly release the hack the table have turned and I can't look past that. But in all fairness towards learn_more I'm not the one making the choice.
Last edited by Skynet on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

v^3 wrote:
rakiru wrote:
I'm not sure if Build and Shoot should give rewards for negative contribution. You know how the saying goes - reward good behavior, In this context the time and effort learn_more spent into making the hack is great and in this circumstance I'd be able to look past the making of the hack because it does no harm. As soon as you publicly release the hack the table have turned and I can't look past that. But in all fairness towards learn_more I'm not the one making the choice.
That was mostly a joke. I can't really comment on this since I don't know what/how much he actually released.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Well it's linked in a pretty official-looking thread so this necro is totally warranted.

My nominations:
- yvt for OpenSpades
- learn_more for his help with several projects (modloader, OS, IB) - he's a solid all-rounder
- Triplefox and BR have contributed a crapload of code to Iceball, and I suspect Dany0 has also contributed a fair whack too (although I suspect he did more asset submission stuff rather than code - I could be wrong though).

Also, an old post from another thread:
HoboHob wrote:
Also coder for Mat^2, he isn't super known for his scripts but more for PySpades and his work on AoS 1.0. As well as Subversive Takedown but that isn't really AoS related.
Why hasn't this been done already? He gave us pyspades.
Spring
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I nominate basically everyone that GreaseMonkey nominated.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

I was also pressured into nominating MooseElkingtons, for
- Geist, a slightly more accurate statbot,
- RoyalSpades, a launcher I don't even use, and
- some very important security research.
Moose
Coder
Coder

GreaseMonkey wrote:
I was also pressured into nominating MooseElkingtons, for
- Geist, a slightly more accurate statbot,
- RoyalSpades, a launcher I don't even use, and
- some very important security research.
yes, "security" research

also you weren't pressured, I asked you if you could nominate me, and you asked me if I did Geist/AoStats and "hack 1.0 to death" or something, and then you said you'd vouch for me.
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

I nominate MooseElkingtons.
46 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”