Votekicking "Noobs?"

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Wordsmann
Deuce

I won't go into details, but I saw someone get votekicked for being a noob, and I said "Don't see why that's a good reason." Immediately after I made an attempt to capture intel in my team's tent, a message popped up telling me to take it to the enemy tent.
Shortly after I got that message, I saw that I was being votekicked for being a noob. A second after I said "Also I just figured out what to do," and shot an enemy, everything stopped moving.

Way I see it, a noob is someone who doesn't know how to do what they're doing.

I was just wondering how people are defining "noob," and if I'm the only one who sees a problem with kicking someone for being one.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

A noob is someone who is not good or doesn't know how to do something. If you get no kills you a noob. Though it is not good to kick these people I can understand if it was being done on purpose as everyone should atleast try.
USABxBOOYO
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

"Noob" is not a valid votekick reason on any server I know of and people who do this are likely to be punished.
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

Was this on a server running the Oasis map? Because I think I may have watched this all transpire.
MKU
Artist
Artist

I honestly think that the term noob is very redundant.

"A noob or n00b is someone that lacks intellegance or common sense, most people think that noob is a word used only in the online gaming world, but in reality it is becoming an ever popular word with teenage society.
a noob could be simply a level 100 running round shouting ''WTF DO I GO!?'' or someone calling someone else a noob and then getting hit with a brick, anyone can call anyone a noob, but normally they are noobs themselves"

Generally, that makes anyone and everyone a noob. Not one person knows how to do everything in the world.
Cajun Style
Deuced Up

To be honest I sympathize with kicking "noobs". More than often it is just an invective. Yet sometimes there is somebody on your team, you try talking to, and just still makes it worse for your team. People who constantly walk into certain death in TDM, or give away a squad moving silently, or constantly move the intel away from your base. This is is, for me, only an issue if the rest of the team cooperates nicely and the opponents do as well.
That being said, I do think it is a bad reason. But if your entire team can agree upon it, I also think people should be kicked for other reasons. That sounds very harsh, but sometimes it's just more fun without that guy. Those are cases which are much rarer than votekicks for so-called noobs, I'll admit. Also I think people should have a place to hone their skills.
pokefan548
Modder
Modder

Noobs never learn.
N00Bs never got the chance.
Bambi's have no clue what they're doing.
Hope this guide helped Absolutely no one.
Semper
Deuced Up

Everyone has the access to votekick, So therefore someone can votekick you for anything.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”