New Game-Type Ideas

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Bobby Lemain
Deuced Up

Hey Bns!

While I had insomnia last night I thought up new possible names other than Build and Shoot for someone's client, and if anyone wants to take this idea up, feel free.

The King of Diamonds.

Staying in suite, The King of Diamonds would feature a new game-mode where there are floating power-up blocks that can be broken to get a certain power-up. A map could be a free-for-all arena type deathmatch, and gameplay would be similar to a pedestrian version of Mario Kart Battle. However, instead of a star, a black diamond would give you temporary invulnerability.

Another game-mode could be called Coal Mine. It would be similar to the current mode known as Babel, but instead of building up, in the middle of the map would be an X and teams have to dig to find the not-very-deep underground diamond (which will be outrageously big). The diamond will be indestructible and in order to win, the team that frees the diamond from the earth (which will shatter it into a million pieces) will win the round and the map will reset. To raise the steaks, there can be 3 waves so that in each wave an extra diamond will be on the map! At the end of the three waves, the team that has the most diamond digs wins. In the case of a tie, the final level will be sudden death. An enormously large diamond will balance on its tip so that to free it either team must simply dig out the one block it rests on. However, you are in plain sight of the other team. :twisted:

A third game-mode could be called Build the Wonder, which gets its roots from Age of Empires II. In this mode, a collision-free wire frame version of the shape your team must build will have to be "built" with any color block. The ideal map would be a flatland so that opposing teams can sabotage as desired. The first team to fill each wire frame structure wins the round and a new structure must be built (as many in rotation as desired).

And finally, the last which I think should exist would be classic King of The Hill. It would simply be an indestructible map-based king of the hill.

Heck, if you wanted to take the Mario Kart idea to the next level, make a full blown vehicle race-battle mode.

This is our game ladies and gentlemen.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

How about this...

Queen of Clubs!

The map is a disco dance floor and breaking certain blocks gives you +1 drunkenness! 0-30 drunkenness your steps become slower until it is basically the same as crouching + zoomed in. Then the drunken swing starts coming back at 31-70. At the end if you turn just 1 pixel the whole screen flips. And then from 71-100 whenever you chat a random letter gets changed and -sh gets appended to every word + sometimes a random message comes out instead of yours.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

wow those are some good ideas. Stack and I discussed something similar to your first suggestion. On death a floating redcross appears over your body. whoever breaks it gets the health. You could do the same for ammo. You could also modify the intel-RPG script to have a variety of power ups and shapes float above dead bodies.
Reki
Deuced Up

I posted this on another forums, but I'll bring it here too.

Reverse Babel Kraken Parkour Soccer Infiltrate Zombie TOW FFAX-RPG on Classicgen 1v1.

Details:
1) Either team races to build a tower to the platform in the sky.
2) The platform in the sky has parkour challenge pillars/gaps/etc. built into it.
3) Players attempt to deposit the intel into the opposing team's frontmost tent to capture both the tent and the intel.
4) Players are allowed to kick their tent around to hide it, as long as they stay within the same horizontal coordinate (locked 1-8, freely move A-H).
5) Only spades are allowed for weapons. No human-zombie either.
6) Map is always classicgen, 1v1 only.
7) As in babel, intel is returned to starting location upon death.
8) Avoid the kraken at the bottom of the map, which comes to life as someone touches the intel.
9) Teleport points around the map allow faster paced gameplay action.
10) A third team scores points whenever the intel is not touched for a period of time.
11) Upon capping the intel, you get powers like in IRPG.

Ideas Credited:
Reki
Colorpinpoint
AEM
AWhiteGuy
Poptart
danhezee

Reki wrote:

Reverse Babel Kraken Parkour Soccer Infiltrate Zombie TOW FFAX-RPG on Classicgen 1v1.

Details:
2) The platform in the sky has parkour challenge pillars/gaps/etc. built into it.
3) Players attempt to deposit the intel into the opposing team's frontmost tent to capture both the tent and the intel.
4) Players are allowed to kick their tent around to hide it, as long as they stay within the same horizontal coordinate (locked 1-8, freely move A-H).
8) Avoid the kraken at the bottom of the map, which comes to life as someone touches the intel.
10) A third team scores points whenever the intel is not touched for a period of time.

Ideas Credited:
Reki
Colorpinpoint
AEM
AWhiteGuy
Poptart

I would love to play that
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

danhezee wrote:
Reki wrote:

Details:

Ideas Credited:
Reki
Colorpinpoint
AEM
AWhiteGuy
Poptart

I would love to play that
Sounds messy, but fucking cool. Would love to play that.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Reki actually posted a good idea for once! :O
BozoDel
Deuced Up

Bobby Lemain wrote:
The King of Diamonds.

Staying in suite, The King of Diamonds would feature a new game-mode where there are floating power-up blocks that can be broken to get a certain power-up. A map could be a free-for-all arena type deathmatch, and gameplay would be similar to a pedestrian version of Mario Kart Battle. However, instead of a star, a black diamond would give you temporary invulnerability.
Hm, I guess you're trying to get that Smash Bros anything-could-happen feeling. How about that: the floating blocks pop up and fly randomly across the sky. More valuable power-ups fly faster. One of the power-ups might be the ability to detect the UBER power-up, hidden somewhere in the ground.
Bobby Lemain wrote:
Another game-mode could be called Coal Mine. It would be similar to the current mode known as Babel, but instead of building up, in the middle of the map would be an X and teams have to dig to find the not-very-deep underground diamond (which will be outrageously big). The diamond will be indestructible and in order to win, the team that frees the diamond from the earth (which will shatter it into a million pieces) will win the round and the map will reset. To raise the steaks, there can be 3 waves so that in each wave an extra diamond will be on the map! At the end of the three waves, the team that has the most diamond digs wins. In the case of a tie, the final level will be sudden death. An enormously large diamond will balance on its tip so that to free it either team must simply dig out the one block it rests on. However, you are in plain sight of the other team.
Hm, not sure... by freeing the diamond, you mean destroying all blocks surrounding it, right? I dunno... how are we supposed to tell whether blue or green dug it out? Maybe it could work like capturing the tent.
Bobby Lemain wrote:
And finally, the last which I think should exist would be classic King of The Hill. It would simply be an indestructible map-based king of the hill.
King of the Hill is just capturing a single tent that's on an elevated spot. If we can make an indestructible structure full of holes and barriers (and the rest is buildable/destructible), that should be complex enough to be fun.
HoboHob wrote:
Queen of Clubs!

The map is a disco dance floor and breaking certain blocks gives you +1 drunkenness!
Disco! Disco! Good! Good!
What if instead of breaking blocks, you get drunk by killing people? And we could think of different effects. The screen could tilt, the player could move towards a certain direction randomly. Heath consuming liver disease!
Reki wrote:
\o/

But I really came here to show my own idea, that wasn't very successful in the old forum. Maybe things'll be different now. I thought I would have to rewrite the whole thing, but I'm glad I could recover it. Here's how it goes:

It's just an idea that I hope somebody will pick up. Maybe not totally a map, but a gamemode in itself... The basic idea is a map crammed full of blocks where you have to dig down to get the intel and then bring it up to the tent.

First, the map will be divided in two halfs, one for each team. A team can dig but not build in its own half. And a team can dig and build in the other team's area. This works for the whole level, except when noted otherwise. So you have to dig a tunnel you can climb up later. If the other team ruins your stairs, you'll have to redig it instead of rebuild it.

Now we divide the map in levels. In the first bottom level, in the middle, we have a cave, with the exact length and width of heaven in regular babel games. It has openings to east and west, the cave's walls are indestructible (godblocked), but both teams may dig and build inside it. The internal space of the cave should be 6 blocks high, I think. It's interesting to make a small buildable warzone. The intels are here.

The second and biggest level should go many blocks high, like the high parts in bridge levels. The middle, right above the cave, should be diggable and buildable by both teams. If the map gets so fucked up that no other way up is possible, the teams will have to find a way to share this space. And you'll see how this connects to the third and fourth levels.

The third one is only one block high. It's full of small indestructible, godblocked platforms. Imagine that, when the level has been dug out too much, players would be forced to build bridges between platforms (yes, they will be able to build on the fourth level), so the platforms would have to be, I don't know, 10 or 20 blocks apart. Each tent is on one of these platforms. Maybe one in the far east and one in the west, maybe in opposite corners, I'm not sure.

The fourth level should have no blocks initially, but space for some comfortable building. Both teams will be able to build and dig there. Ooh, or maybe a team can build but not dig on its own side in the fourth level, but free to do anything in the other team's half? That should bring some clumsy solutions!

Oh, how about different areas having different colors, to avoid confusion? (that'l never work completely though, unless the server can control the colors of new blocks made by players)
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”