A Community Game

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
31 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I personally think that the old community should create and maintain it's own version of AoS.

We could call it BuildAndShoot.

The Game would be open source and maintained by members of the BaS community.

Just a thought.
Space101
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Isn't it what this site is about...
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Space101 wrote:
No, this is an AoS classic (voxlap) fansite.

I want it to become more than that. But I would have to be separate from BaS to avoid legal issues.
hindos
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

You'll need programmers and a legal liscence. I'm pretty sure Jagex wouldn't mind sueing us if we do try this. Let's fight for .75 first, if it does go down this is a very viable option given the proper commitment, organization, passion, and legal proceedings. I doubt we have those resources at our disposal currently now , though.
Space101
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

HoboHob wrote:
Space101 wrote:

I want it to become more than that. But I would have to be separate from BaS to avoid legal issues.
It isn't JUST a fansite, they are going to host 0.76 or 0.75(might even make their own version) on this site when 0.75 support drops, if you want something "more" than you could always take a look at GMs work or even contribute in any way you can(obviously if he wants/needs help) https://github.com/iamgreaser/buldthensnip
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

hindos wrote:
You'll need programmers and a legal liscence. I'm pretty sure Jagex wouldn't mind sueing us if we do try this. Let's fight for .75 first, if it does go down this is a very viable option given the proper commitment, organization, passion, and legal proceedings. I doubt we have those resources at our disposal currently now , though.
There won't be any legal problems as all content will be made by the community for the community.

Like 2006scape. Except for AoS.

Getting programmers shouldn't be to hard, as long as people want this to happen. Me myself could pitch a hand in this area. Though I am not a whiz.

We would need an organizer.
Space101
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

HoboHob wrote:
Space101 wrote:

It's going to support 0.75 or make their own "spinoff" 0.76 version when Voxlap support drops, if you want something "different" you could always check out GMs project, it's going to be a build and shoot game(lolpun)sorta like AoS but less shit.

linkylinklinks: https://github.com/iamgreaser/buldthensnip
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Space101 wrote:
HoboHob wrote:
Space101 wrote:

It's going to support 0.75 or make their own "spinoff" 0.76 version when Voxlap support drops, if you want something "different" you could always check out GMs project, it's going to be a build and shoot game(lolpun)sorta like AoS but less shit.

linkylinklinks: https://github.com/iamgreaser/buldthensnip
It is going to support .75. And it is an AoS classic fansite.

I just want Spades of Ace to continue to grow and be updated. By people who care about the game and not money.
Sponge
Deuced Up

For those who are talking about legal issues; that wouldn't be a problem if it was free right? If we aren't making any money, then what's the problem? It's like all those Minecraft spinoffs. They exist and some of them even make money, but there are so many people that support Minecraft that those spinoffs won't even matter.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

I don't remember Notch suing the Manic Digger guys, just writing a few twits on his twitter esp. about the fact that it could at the time connect to Minecraft servers... "in short: waaaaaah"

I tried Manic Digger once. The physics utterly sucked.

But yeah, if they find out about this, I invite them to steal our ideas. It might make their game worth buying.
Spade
Deuce

Hi guys.

I was also in the process of setting up a spinoff site like you. Hosting a new master server list for 0.75, probably via modification of pyspades, and a forum.

I bought the domain aosclassic.com (nothing there yet) in prep for when I'm ready to get stuck into the code (currently have exams).

I'm happy to work together with people on something, and my domain name is open to use by a spinoff such as yours so long as I am involved too : )

Greetings to all,
Spade.
Last edited by Spade on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carnage
Deuce

Sponge wrote:
For those who are talking about legal issues; that wouldn't be a problem if it was free right? If we aren't making any money, then what's the problem? It's like all those Minecraft spinoffs. They exist and some of them even make money, but there are so many people that support Minecraft that those spinoffs won't even matter.
This.

It's not like Dan and Stack are going to make this game cost any money like Jagex will come next month. There is absolutely no profit at the moment for the VOXLAP version, and I don't think there will be one in the future.
hindos
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Mojang and Jagex are too very different companies...
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

hindos wrote:
Mojang and Jagex are too very different companies...
Yeah Mojangs cool, Jagex isn't
Spade
Deuce

Spade wrote:
Hi guys.

I was also in the process of setting up a spinoff site like you. Hosting a new master server list for 0.75, probably via modification of pyspades, and a forum.

I bought the domain aosclassic.com (nothing there yet) in prep for when I'm ready to get stuck into the code (currently have exams).

I'm happy to work together with people on something, and my domain name is open to use by a spinoff such as yours so long as I am involved too : )

Greetings to all,
Spade.
No comment?
31 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”